Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Action on DDOS attacks?

Default Action on DDOS attacks?

Hi folks!

It would appear there is some massive Ddos type server crashing going on for past 2 weeks or smth. So far I have heard from pretty much every single top ranked server/clan they have been having issues with lags, servers being offline for days, inability to restart them. Hosts like Gameservers refuse to do anything except tell they may even suspend services alltogether which is ridiculous.

After digging into this ddos stuff on forums here it would be quite logical to assume its DOOM clan doing the hard work again. I notice there has been already a report or 2 about them few months ago, server got blacklisted and removed from master server, except now i see they got a new ip and its no longer in blacklist? I agree 100% with guys from the discussion with doom leader that theres plenty of evidence its them doing the attacks.

Is there a way to bring these server crashers to some sort of justice? I mean people are paying money for hosting services, its unbelievable just how far it can be pushed without any chance to fight back.

Hosts like Gameservers refuse to do anything except tell they may even suspend services alltogether which is ridiculous.
    Nah, it's pretty logical and it often happens in game hosting services to yeet out customer if his server is often attacked.

The problem is that devs cannot do anything with <insert bad word> except to delete them from master server, I suggested already looking at DDoS problems in MOHUE discord and it happens that there is not much ppl can do. You have to change your host to one which includes in his services DDoS protection which works with mohaa, RyBack suggested nfoservers.com.
    Last edited by Shadow; February 4th, 2020 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Deleted racism
    Github - Steam - .Crimewavez#5285

No Comments on that "Camels" statements...

Only thing I'd add is, in past few weeks, Every top server notices downtime as per game tracker graphs but "One"... always populated and gaining ranks in last 3 weeks like there is no other clan left.

given whats been said since September last year regarding the same Clan and their way of dealing with fellow community is appalling enough for me to raise serious suspicious.

Fool me once, Shame on you, Fool me twice......

Try nfoservers.com (frankfurt) if they give you the "4-hour null routes", I have another trial/solution up my sleeve(may or may not work), I just hope nfo fixes everything you'd need.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    I have another trial/solution up my sleeve(may or may not work)
    well, I rather wait for that rabbit you pull outta hat this time

Can you provide a network packet dump when you get ddossed? Without any network info, its hard to work on something..

how do you get to this network packet dump?

Appel.. PM sent

Using tcpdump will get it for you. example command

Code:
    tcpdump -w 0001.pcap -s0 -vi interfacename dst YourServerIP
    0001.pcap would be the name of the file written with tcpdump data interfacename would be the name of the network interface you are using and of coarse YourServerIP would be the IP address your server is using.
    During a attack you would only need to run it for a max of 30 seconds to get a good sample. then to read the file after the sample is taken do
    Code:
    tcpdump -r filename
    https://www.comparitech.com/net-admi...p-cheat-sheet/

you are not at work? Slacker