Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your desktop

Default Post your desktop

originally posted by clint:

well i decided to post this lol i always wondered what everybody is running. . . The picture below is from my desktop computer... not much of a powerhouse but it gets the job done. my laptop has stronger specs but lower screen solution so I like to do all my coding on a bright 1600x900 LCD screen. The background picture is from gears of wars and that locust is about to do some curb stomping lol . Running on Windows Xp Professional SP3. I love it I would put XP on my laptop but my video card is not compatible and i dont feel like running any corrupted drivers.. plus its a x64 operating system and this version is not x86

desktop1p.jpg

originally posted by bulldozer:

Here is my one. Running Windows 7 Professional x86. The best performance is set. Using 1024x768 resolution on a CRT monitor.

desktop_bulldozer_2010_05_04.jpg

originally posted by clint:

noh nice yeah nice i ran the same setup on my laptop no themes or any other baggage for a performance increase... but somehow malware made its way onto my laptop so i had to backup everything and reformat. made the decision to finally install some anti''s to prevent rootkits.Spybot, and Hijackthis are the best tools you can use to stay clean that''s what i got now.. goodcall on your part too . and oh nice i noticed you have putty and wincp you got a linux server?? Ive been wanting to run a linux server on my local network just to play around with SSH but havent had time lately. U got access to that /root?

originally posted by bulldozer:

Usually I use putty to get at my webhost, but nowadays that's not nessessary. WinSCP sometimes works better than total commander when I want to upload to/download from FTP. The first linux server I've ever been running is on my VPS that was on windows not long time ago. However my friend helped a lot, in my opinion it's quite simple and easy to use.

originally posted by ko3ki3m0nst3r:

gggggggg.jpg

gnagna

Laughed @ ko3ki3m0nst3r's picture ^^,

naamloosrz.jpg

"HeadShot Only One Shot Will Kill"

Queen Regards,

Manuela
    Last edited by James; September 28th, 2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Merging posts

Everyone, this is just a FYI incase you weren't aware of this. When you upload or share images that are really big, please select the little icon in the Advanced reply section to paste the link or upload the image through there. This way it will resize the image automatically without distorting the width of the forums so everything fits accordingly. You can then just click on the small snapshot to make it bigger.

I have already updated everyones images.

Thanks!

Default my desktop

resolution is 1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 1024 (dual screens)

i cant physically live with a computer with less "space" as i call it (resolution)
    Last edited by blaz!ng; September 28th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.

my next purchase may well be this: http://www.lambda-tek.com/components...prodID=B275502

its 28 inch very cheap and has 1920 x 1200 rez ouch!

i cant w8 for my uni loan
    Last edited by blaz!ng; September 28th, 2010 at 02:19 PM.

I find it a little funny that your desktop is obviously opposing apple, yet the overall UI is very similar to that of the Leopard OS lol.

I typically ask users what is it about apple that they dislike so much?