Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reborn - Configstrings and flushtikis

Default Reborn - Configstrings and flushtikis

Some of you might know that we are working on a Coop Mod for Mohaa (Warchest).
    Recently we have been giving dedicated servers more consideration.

Our expiriance with the latest version of the engine has thought us a few things.
    We are expecting the dedicated servers for Mohaa (specifically BT/SH ) to run into the same
    issues we had. (From what we understand the same issues are even present in Doom3 Coop.)

So solving this issues requires control to get/set configstrings and to flush the tiki-cache.
    I know the code to accomplish that is in the engine-code, probably even in the game-code.

But it can not be accessed by script, so I am wondering if that would be possible to add that stuff ?

And my second question would be is the reborn code open-source by any chance ?

Quote Originally Posted by chrissstrahl View Post
    Some of you might know that we are working on a Coop Mod for Mohaa (Warchest).
    Recently we have been giving dedicated servers more consideration.

Our expiriance with the latest version of the engine has thought us a few things.
    We are expecting the dedicated servers for Mohaa (specifically BT/SH ) to run into the same
    issues we had. (From what we understand the same issues are even present in Doom3 Coop.)

So solving this issues requires control to get/set configstrings and to flush the tiki-cache.
    I know the code to accomplish that is in the engine-code, probably even in the game-code.

But it can not be accessed by script, so I am wondering if that would be possible to add that stuff ?

And my second question would be is the reborn code open-source by any chance ?
    NightFall.
    Opensource reborn implementation for bt and sh. Mohaa port is already 90% done, it's just missing security functions of reborn (they'll be closed Source tho).

Source code is here: https://github.com/mohabhassan/NightFall

Note: I'm not sure what the behavior of nightfall will be in sp mode. Most bugs, if any, should be solvable without having reverse.
    Note 2: You can implement the configstring thing and tiki cahce flushing as a function from inside nf too.

Thanks, and it is in c++, nice!

What is missing when you say 90%?

I understand about the security features, as long as they are anticheat for multiplayer.
    Most anticheat would not be needed for coop anyway, I guess....
    ...we will have to see what does come up once there are dedicated servers running.

When I open dgamex86.sln no files are shown in VSC 2017, I can only select different configurations,
    which I find a bit strange, makes it certainly more difficult to work with.

Thanks, and it is in c++, nice!

What is missing when you say 90%?

I understand about the security features, as long as they are anticheat for multiplayer.
    Most anticheat would not be needed for coop anyway, I guess....
    ...we will have to see what does come up once there are dedicated servers running.

When I open dgamex86.sln no files are shown in VSC 2017, I can only select different configurations,
    which I find a bit strange, makes it certainly more difficult to work with.
    90%: there are some differences between stock mohaa and stock bt. Like net name, getentbyentnum, addkills, etc. I didn't implement them in mohaa yet. Or at least I remember I didn't. Maybe I did and I just don't remember.
    There are also functionalities that aren't baked into mohaa like min and max pings (I think, not sure tho), and similar or related stuff.

As for your vs2017 issue, did you clone/download the whole project from github? Maybe your solution explorer is hidden?

Btw are trying to achieve clientside modifications or server side ones?

Downloaded complete from here:
    https://github.com/mohabhassan/NightFall

Well, the things we would need are mostly server side.
    Like the ability to carry all the weapons in the inventory.
    New commands activated via simple chat like !stuck !nextmap and so on.

We are using BT and SH for coop, we are not using AA, at the moment, I think we will not need to use AA at all.

Some of the changes would need to be made on the client side, like not loading certain pk3 files on the client side, when playing AA maps in BT.
    This would allow us to fix shader/texture issues when playing aa maps with BT, but right now they are not a priority, because they only have a minor impact.

Damn, it was switching to resource view instead of project explorer, I didn't notice the difference.
    I hate when things like that happen, it is so easy to fool you, because it looks almost the same, unless you know what to look for.
    Thanks, for sort of pointing that out

It seams there are dependencies I am not aware of, at the current state it will not compile.
    Does it have to do with: Windows XP (v141_xp) ?

Downloaded complete from here:
    https://github.com/mohabhassan/NightFall

Well, the things we would need are mostly server side.
    Like the ability to carry all the weapons in the inventory.
    New commands activated via simple chat like !stuck !nextmap and so on.

We are using BT and SH for coop, we are not using AA, at the moment, I think we will not need to use AA at all.

Some of the changes would need to be made on the client side, like not loading certain pk3 files on the client side, when playing AA maps in BT.
    This would allow us to fix shader/texture issues when playing aa maps with BT, but right now they are not a priority, because they only have a minor impact.
    Carrying different weapons of the same class has some binary patch to fix it. I've talked with vatec6000 about it before and I'm sure I can dig back in bt code to find where it was disallowed.
    Chat commands like "!stuck" can already be implemented from script if you use nightfall. Using the new event "dmmessage".
    I'm afraid client side stuff will require another wrapper. It'll be pretty doable though.

It seams there are dependencies I am not aware of, at the current state it will not compile.
    Does it have to do with: Windows XP (v141_xp) ?
    V141_xp : If compiler does not cry about it in output window, you're good.
    Dependencies : yeah I forgot about that you need to build stuff inside the libs directory. I didn't document it.
    IIRC build steps are a hassle, if you want to we can pm in discord about it(will be faster than here, im).