Thread: Vote Events in a Script

Default Vote Events in a Script

Is it possible to get vote information in a script? i.e... Is a vote active? Are we kicking somebody, who? Are we changing maps, to which? etc...

I can't find a whole lot of information about the voting system in general, but maybe I'm not searching in the right places.

Thanks folks...

Unfortunately, interact with the default voting system via script is not possible.
    However, what you can do is emulate the voting system in a script usig the servercommand event
    There are some old threads regarding this topic in the forum. and IIRC, Purple made a basic mapvote script (not sure if it was working)
    if you search in the forum you will find them

Well that is too bad

I can't seem to find Purple's script, just people talking about this elusive script

Anyway, is there a way to capture a player's chat input via script? I have my own vote script outline mostly complete, however I do not want to rely on a user having to send their vote via the console and would prefer to use a 'key phrase' from chat. Asking a user to use the console is a no-go.

There isn't any chat event for Reborn yet.
    There should be one in a future release though, given that Ryback arleady implemented it in NightFall (BT/SH patch)

You can make vote choice input limited. Bind f1 to a scmd that accepts the vote and bind f2 to a scmd the rejects the vote.
    You can also entirely recreate reborns voting system in script, if you want more customization.

Thanks all.

I've basically gone the route of recreating things in script.

Will be looking forward to the addition of a chat/dmmessage event if it ever happens in the future