Thread: Reborn Ban System

Default Reborn Ban System

Using the 'ipfilter.cfg' file for banned ip's, I'm finding the only way to activate the file is to restart the server every time something changes.

So if a new IP is added to the file, the server has to be rebooted before that IP will be auto banned. Same applies if an IP is removed, the server needs restarted.

Is this the expected behavior and it is not a 'real-time' banning system?

Thanks.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Hi,

When editing the ipfilter.cfg directly, changes *should* be applied on map load AFAIK.

When updating the ipfilter.cfg through rcon ( or admin commands ) then the effect is instant.
    99% of the time, an IP is added when banning a user while in-game using the banning rcon commands ( banip, banipr, banid, banidr ).
    @see http://www.x-null.net/wiki/index.php..._RCon_Commands for the list of rcon commands

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

Thank you. I'm an idiot. :| I was inserting outside and not waiting for any level reloads in my testing.

This is one of those cases where RR probably thought while doing reborn:
    I should probably sync ipfilter.cfg changes from inside program. But eh it's a special case I'm sure it'll go by.
    I had exactly same thought while doing nightfall , it's no wonder .
    PS: If you want such feature add to reborn/nightfall, create an issue here: https://github.com/mohabhassan/NightFall
    I'll implement it sooner or later