Thread: Mouse accuracy fix

Default Mouse accuracy fix

Hi!

I had an issue with mouse that once mohaa is launched there is noticeable pointer vagueness or floating. It happened first when i had Windows 10 and afterwards when i installed Win 7. Both installs of Win XP mouse was working perfectly right from beginning. While i finally have gotten to solution by installing another Win XP (first one had sound issues) i would still like to know what other solution is there to fix mouse inaccuracy in mohaa as it has been serious issue throughout years of playing the game.

Im all ears James.
    Last edited by kirby; January 3rd, 2020 at 01:35 AM.

My suggestion is with drivers. I know you mentioned you installed the most updated drivers for your machine, but I have run into driver issues in the past and it can be a real big headache....
    Manufacturer says use this driver, and MS Windows says, no use this driver....

Here is what I would do.
    1. Turn off Auto driver updates from the MS Catalog.

A. Go into Advanced system Settings
    B. Click "Hardware" tab
    C. Click "Device Installation Hardware"
    D. Select "No" and select Apply. (You can always turn this back on in the future if you want)

2. Go into Device Manager
    3. Right click your display adapter and uninstall device (Also click the checkbox for Delete the driver software for this device (We want to do a clean install after we uninstall it))
    4. After you uninstall it, you may need to reboot the machine. You can reboot it and go back into device manager.
    5. Now go into the generic display adapter again and right click on it and select properties
    6. Click the "Details" tab
    7. Under Property Choose "Hardware Ids" from the dropdown.
    8. Copy the first entry you see in there. It will look something like this:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_828C103C&REV_02

Whatever your hardware ID is, do a search on google. Chances are, you might need to dig around for it, depending on how popular of a display adapter it is. Anyway, this is the best way to find a compatible driver.

9. Once you find it online, try and download it and install it. Remember to install as Administrator (just to be sure it installs properly)

10. If you have a hard time finding the driver you can also search here: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx
    When you search the driver, remove the last syntax after the last "&"
    for example, in my driver I pasted above: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_828C103C&REV_02 (only search the bold text in the microsoft catalog)

I'm hoping one of those things help you out. Also, make sure you install the latest directx for your machine.

Lastly, if your cursor is still tweaking out, maybe this thread will help you out some: https://www.x-null.net/forums/thread...tings-in-MOHAA

thank, ill try this on my bootcamp win 10 when i get my comp back from service, i used it as main pc so far but i always knew mouse wasnt 100% accurate just kinda got used to. Atm with second Win XP it works like a charm without much hassle with drivers. It threw me like 15 years back when i first played mohaa, i had forgotten how precise should the pointer behave

Just a follow up; but any luck with what I posted?