Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Annoying daily Doorblocker in server for months now

However this is not 100% working, like i said you can easily configure a cloud server with 1 click vpn apps.
    For example a Hetzner IP from their cloud servers: http://ip-api.com/json/159.69.146.145?fields=proxy

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Order View Post
    just ask Awesome, RyBack : member of the year ! Thank you so much for putting all that together!

_ not sure yet precisely what npm does, but is it necessary to start it at run time? Unless npm start refers to the "start" key in the package
    _ in that case, how should the script be stopped as there is no stop key?
    npm is a package manager.
    I forgot to add the "npm install" line before.
    to stop the script just stop the process, nothing will be harmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelpitje View Post
    However this is not 100% working, like i said you can easily configure a cloud server with 1 click vpn apps.
    For example a Hetzner IP from their cloud servers: http://ip-api.com/json/159.69.146.145?fields=proxy
    True, I never said 100%. But it works. If anyone is smart enough to setup a private vpn server he won't be doing it to abuse a mohaa server.

There are other apis that use neural networks, such as https://getipintel.net/#web which automatically flags your hetzner ip as vpn (score = 1).

We can also add a whois check for more effectiveness.
    All in all, this solution is effective.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    There are other apis that use neural networks, such as https://getipintel.net/#web which automatically flags your hetzner ip as vpn (score = 1).
    They say the following: "Please do not exceed 500 queries per day" Unless you check first with the other api and it returns false for proxy then i would check with this one. Or keep it all in a database and query only new IPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelpitje View Post
    They say the following: "Please do not exceed 500 queries per day" Unless you check first with the other api and it returns false for proxy then i would check with this one. Or keep it all in a database and query only new IPs.
    It's nothing new, ip-api.com has it's own limit, http://ip-api.com/docs/unban
    This is free after all. 500 per day translates to 20 per hour or 1 query every 3 minutes. kinda gay but we can't do nothing about it.
    Good ideas tho.

i had unlogged crashes when JSON.parseing the response, console says "unexpected end of JSON file...", i didn't screenshot, maybe they also cap the request frequency. Apart from that it works very well, thank you again RyBack!

Anyway, i just came to ask if caching could be added easily, instead of a DB to prevent the 500 request limit to raise too quickly?
    Last edited by Ancient Order; May 17th, 2020 at 05:37 PM.

that guy is still on our server all the time, bypassing the vpn mod?

@RyBack Is it the normal way to have 2 processes starting when doing the npm start?
    One is created when i enter "npm start", and another one is created after the first set of requests has been processed. Killing the second process lets the script run, killing the first process first kills the 2 processes

@Slim how often does the script loop? Did you ever exceed the 500 requests? Also could you check if you have 2 node.js processes running, please?
    Last edited by Ancient Order; May 21st, 2020 at 03:26 PM.

script is running fine and all the vpns are getting kicked.... only 1 person seems to bypass it

Actually, with rhe firstly posted script i noticed:
    _The error management is not catching any error, console displays OK when connecting to a shut server
    _The kick command doesnt reach the server, though console says kick success, noone gets kicked, due to error catching not working
    Is there a newer version than the one initially posted in this thread.
    @Slim, would you share your version of main.js via pm so i can compare with mine, please?
    Or i send you mine and you tell me.if the're identical?