Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Annoying daily Doorblocker in server for months now

  1. #41
    Client Beta Testers Appelpitje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Order View Post
    not sure yet precisely what npm does, but how should your request script be started and stopped?
    npm is the package manager for Nodejs.

    Save both files as described, and run npm i and after that npm start​.

  2. #42
    Client Beta Testers Appelpitje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    523

    Default

    However this is not 100% working, like i said you can easily configure a cloud server with 1 click vpn apps.
    For example a Hetzner IP from their cloud servers: http://ip-api.com/json/159.69.146.145?fields=proxy

  3. #43
    Developer RyBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In Front of the screen
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Order View Post
    just ask Awesome, RyBack : member of the year ! Thank you so much for putting all that together!


    _ not sure yet precisely what npm does, but is it necessary to start it at run time? Unless npm start refers to the "start" key in the package
    _ in that case, how should the script be stopped as there is no stop key?
    npm is a package manager.
    I forgot to add the "npm install" line before.
    to stop the script just stop the process, nothing will be harmed.

  4. #44
    Developer RyBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In Front of the screen
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appelpitje View Post
    However this is not 100% working, like i said you can easily configure a cloud server with 1 click vpn apps.
    For example a Hetzner IP from their cloud servers: http://ip-api.com/json/159.69.146.145?fields=proxy
    True, I never said 100%. But it works. If anyone is smart enough to setup a private vpn server he won't be doing it to abuse a mohaa server.

    There are other apis that use neural networks, such as https://getipintel.net/#web which automatically flags your hetzner ip as vpn (score = 1).

    We can also add a whois check for more effectiveness.
    All in all, this solution is effective.

  5. #45
    Client Beta Testers Appelpitje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    There are other apis that use neural networks, such as https://getipintel.net/#web which automatically flags your hetzner ip as vpn (score = 1).
    They say the following: "Please do not exceed 500 queries per day" Unless you check first with the other api and it returns false for proxy then i would check with this one. Or keep it all in a database and query only new IPs.

  6. #46
    Developer RyBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In Front of the screen
    Posts
    1,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Appelpitje View Post
    They say the following: "Please do not exceed 500 queries per day" Unless you check first with the other api and it returns false for proxy then i would check with this one. Or keep it all in a database and query only new IPs.
    It's nothing new, ip-api.com has it's own limit, http://ip-api.com/docs/unban
    This is free after all. 500 per day translates to 20 per hour or 1 query every 3 minutes. kinda gay but we can't do nothing about it.
    Good ideas tho.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •