Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Annoying daily Doorblocker in server for months now

Im also interested how you would detect it, people can just one click openvpn servers at cloud providers these days

Quote Originally Posted by anspectrum View Post
    Actually its not that difficult (or that's what I think ). Release client side binary which should send these serials (CPU, MotherBoard etc) to Reborn server and bam, problem solved forever. But then its an olllllldddddd game and maybe not worth the time and effort to tweak binaries anymore.
    Or
    If there is a CVAR or a combination of CVARs which can return these values so admin can stufftext to get those values first and based on that ban.
    release client side binary.... that meens someone needs to download it... he just doesnt download it... doesnt work, forcing everyone to download is also a bad idea, a custom maps is allready impossible to download for 99% it will kill the game even more.

will try ryback his trick

I don't think releasing client side binary will kill the game. On the contrary it will give a confidence boost to server owners as well as to the players that all the players are clean. On Ryback's Anticheat site more than 1800 users are registered. Lets say 80% users are unique and have downloaded the Anticheat even then its a big number. Because, it means roughly 1500 players took the pain to register on site, download the AC and use it.

Moreover download can be set from server side just like in CS. Razo or James can give further suggestions on this particular point.

1800 users are registered, but there is a difference between registered and using it.

dude, when i create a custom map party even the players that playing for 12 years dont know how to install a map, if u check youtube u see hundreds people say.... if this game was still allive i would play it... not knowing the game is still there, they are all pc newbs

its up and running and its doing its job thanks ryback, im curious what the guy is gonna say or do now lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips {sfx} View Post
    its up and running and its doing its job thanks ryback, im curious what the guy is gonna say or do now lol :P
    yw <3

Quote Originally Posted by Appelpitje View Post
    1800 users are registered, but there is a difference between registered and using it.
    1421 used the program at least once.

@Anspectrum... It can be done with a modified client binary; but then it could also be spoofed. And of course there is always the cat <--> mouse game with client stuff being bypassed/modified/tampered with and then having to do it securely.
    I honestly don't know if there is a way to do it strictly serverside without any client interaction.

@Slimbips, keep us posted. I'm curious to hear how well it works out for you.

Find a democratic way to force usage of these client binaries by all the players, otherwise it's gonna be uselles.
    Github - Steam - .Crimewavez#5285

Quote Originally Posted by Criminal View Post
    Find a democratic way to force usage of these client binaries by all the players, otherwise it's gonna be uselles.
    those 2 words are the opposite of each-other haha