Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dropping gun when scrolling

Default Dropping gun when scrolling

Hello there,

How is it possible that if i scroll to change weapon alot of times i drop my gun?
    greets slimmy

Hmmm never happens to me.. 3 things jump into mind:
    - You are accidently hitting your weapondrop key on the keyboard (so try with your hand away from the keyboard)
    - Your mouse 3 button is binded to weapon drop (so you are accidently clicking it when scrolling)
    - Your scrolling is binded (by an alias?) to do that automatically.. so check your unnamedsoldier.cfg or any other .cfg you might have in your main and/or configs folder.

Does it happen all the time, or only sometimes when you do it?

Hes not the only one, i also have it sometimes when you rapidly scroll up or down it just drops ur weapons..

i get this.. i try to be pro and swap weapon quick so people cant hear my footsteps but it drops my weapon lol.

the sound distance of weapon change is lower than footsteps thats why i try to do it! so i can sneak up on people. :-)

hi,

no key is oke, i just use scrollbutton, and it happens about 5 times in every map i play

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I think there was some CVar that disallowed fast weapon switching or something. Maybe it's the reason.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

theres a
    g_immediateswitch
    Which skips the putaway weapon anim , that makes it slightly quicker when changing weapons, but it doesnt cause the weapon dropping thing.

I just tried it myself and just managed to do it and it comes up with this in console

Taking ammo pistol away from player
    player::Sentient:eactivateWeapon : Tried to deactivate a non-active weapon in hand 0

So it took the ammo but the gun drops aswell.. But yea it happens randomly for me i couldnt do it again

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

my server runs g_immediateswitch 1 and than it happens alot to me.

I tried, and it happens to me too. I don't know if it's a bug in the statefile or in the game code.

for devs, Sentient::EventDropItems is sub_31146E90 but it's a direct call into a function inside the player's structure.