Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NightFall (Reborn for BT) testing

Default NightFall (Reborn for BT) testing

Hello,
    It's been a while now, but dgamexwrapper, which is basically early state reborn patch for MOH BreakThrough has been updated by me and is in the initial beta state.
    I decided naming it NightFall
    Currently, almost all reborn's scripting functions are supported.
    I don't have time to test all the scripting functions, hence this thread.
    It would be awesome if anyone with time would like to test them and report here or on github,
    Generally, the test scripts are as follows https://github.com/mohabhassan/dgame...s/maintt/tests
    It would be nice to follow the same structures.
    Feel free to add to them whatever you wish, PRs are welcome!

Notes:
    No need to test functions that I've already tested.
    All scripting commands : http://www.x-null.net/wiki/index.php...pting_Commands
    Some of my notes about them : https://github.com/mohabhassan/dgame...criptfuncs.txt
    Use the following BT bins: https://github.com/mohabhassan/dgame...ree/master/ida (moh_Breakthrough_server.exe and dgamex86mohbt.dll)
    And patch bin (attached)
    *Based on davens fixes*
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RyBack; April 13th, 2019 at 12:34 PM.

wow, mohaa is really dead haha.
    still, openmohaa, dgamexwrapper, mohdb, alphamac, you name it I will finish them all :P

Dude keep up the great job! Your work seriously doesn't come unnoticed. How is openmohaa coming along so far? Do you think we can start transitioning Reborn to Open MOHAA?

Among the 3 games, I'd say Breakthrough is the most dead unfortunately.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

I think the issue with SH and BT (IMO), is the maps are so HUGE and there aren't enough players in a game to have a good match. You can literally be walking around for 30 mins and not see each other if there are only a handful of players.

you can rotate AA maps in SH and BT
    @Ryback: i think a release for SH will get more attention

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Dude keep up the great job! Your work seriously doesn't come unnoticed. How is openmohaa coming along so far? Do you think we can start transitioning Reborn to Open MOHAA?
    Not at all, reborn is better off transitioning to dgamexwrapper-ish code base instead of opm.
    past summer, open mohaa had like 1600-1700 stubs to implement ( a stub is a "not implemented yet" function)
    700 of those were actor funcs, I did them in like 1 month or smth(total work time is 2 weeks but I get bored a lot in the middle tho)
    now I only need to reverse cpp exceptions for those stubs, as ida decompiler doesn't support exception handling. (manual dissasembly :O)
    then most of the server code is totally complete, which means that I'd need to test almost every mod out there in order to confirm opm is stable
    once all that's done, opm client is the way to go(1000 stubs tho :O)
    Quote Originally Posted by own3mall View Post
    Among the 3 games, I'd say Breakthrough is the most dead unfortunately.
    true :/ I'm literally keeping the only active bt server alive right now. it's "RS clan countdown server"
    Quote Originally Posted by Appelpitje View Post
    you can rotate AA maps in SH and BT
    @Ryback: i think a release for SH will get more attention
    When daven did his sh fixes, he was annoyed how bugged af sh is so he decided to convert bt bins to sh instead of doing all the bugfixes himself.
    That's the reason why we can use bt scripting commands in sh.
    What that means is, little effort will be needed to convert dgamexwrapper from bt to sh.

I will help on the testing of the mods

But if the serveride stuff from OPM is basically done and is confirmed to be working, then why wouldn't that be the better option to implement Reborn into that??Because a dgamexwrapper is basically what we have going on right now with a whole bunch of address pointers and stuff. :S

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    But if the serveride stuff from OPM is basically done and is confirmed to be working, then why wouldn't that be the better option to implement Reborn into that??Because a dgamexwrapper is basically what we have going on right now with a whole bunch of address pointers and stuff. :S
    dgamexwrapper is already finished in code and applications. It's only missing the testing and stabilization part. Openmohaa is missing some code(but small functions nothing big) and it's testing/stabilization part.
    Dgamexwrapper will take little to no time in testing. Openmohaa will take a lot longer. It's a matter of time.
    Hence why it's better for reborn to be ported to dgamexwrapper base first.