Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [TUT] MOHAA on MAC OS

Lightbulb [TUT] MOHAA on MAC OS

Hi all,

I have seen few times the question: "how to play mohaa on mac?" on discord. Since i have a mac for work, i tried to get it working
    This was tested on a macbook pro with MAC OS x Mojave 10.14.3.

Download and install Portingkit, after installing create an account and login; Go To library and search for "medal of honor". Install it and on the first screen wait 10 second for the second button to be active.

Get MOHAA(windows version) on your mac, if you downloaded the revival version then you need to unzip the exe in a directory:

Go into the unzipped directory and right click on the exe off the expansion that you want to play and select "open with Porting Kit":

A window will popup, asking to select the right game. Select "Medal OF Honor Allied Assault":

Tada, your game is now starting!

For everyone on Macos Catalina, when you receive the following error during porting kit installation: "dosdevices doesn’t exist", reboot your mac into recovery mode, open the terminal and type "csrutil disable". Reboot out of recovery mode. You might when to execute: "sudo chmod 1777 /private/tmp" and try to install it now. That worked for me on Catalina!
    Last edited by Appelpitje; April 21st, 2020 at 08:30 AM.

Good to know, but who use mac BTW!

I've been looking for this... thanks!

Very nice. Thanks!
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Wasn't mohaa ported to mac before? Is it faulty?

I only found mac binaries for dedicated servers, but those arent supported for x64 cpus, only powerpc

Im starting with my own blog/portfolio., posted this under: https://appelpitje.be/how-to-play-mohaa-on-a-mac/

@Ryback, the problem is not using portingkit or other app to play the game. The problem is that AlphaMAC doesnt work on MAC!

Quote Originally Posted by arkantos View Post
    @Ryback, the problem is not using portingkit or other app to play the game. The problem is that AlphaMAC doesnt work on MAC!
    I don't think you get it, Alphamac is not made to support macOS, MAC os x or os X. Neither is Linux supported. This is purely a windows app. This is the case for 90% of games out there. I cannot help you with it. Btw as I said before, MAC inside Alphamac stands for MOHAA Anti-Cheat. This has been the case for all anti cheats made for mohaa throughout the history of the game. So either boot up windows or deal with it.

ALPHAMac isn't coded for any other OS. This is because different Operating systems use different binaries and syntax. Generally speaking you can't open exe's in *Nix or Mac; unless you use an emulator. Anyway, it's easy to say.... "Just make your application work with MAC"... It's much harder to actually do it.