Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Replacement for MOHAAAA Files Database - Game Mod DB

Default Possible Replacement for MOHAAAA Files Database - Game Mod DB

Hey All,

I ended up creating this new platform that could potentially replace MOHAAAA's map, file, and tools database:

Game Mod DB

It would be awesome if you guys could sign up and try it out! Let me know what you think. Anything can be changed or added. User comments, mod ratings, and more are a few features that logged in users get to interact with.

It's a pretty flexible and expandable platform that can handle any categories, sub categories, and games anyone wants to use this platform with.

I already created a few categories and added MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT to start with.

Check it out at https://gamemoddb.tk/

And here's what the page looks like when you're viewing a mod:

https://gamemoddb.tk/view_mod.php?id=1

Let me know what you think. We'd have to re-add everything with this platform, but at least it's using a more efficient DB structure. Just an idea that I wanted to get done since it didn't take too much for me to modify a similar platform I had already built.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

some problems I found while uploading this mod
    can't upload .pk3 files
    can't embed videos in the mod description
    and you can't see recently added mods in the main page.

but honestly, the biggest "issue" for me as a user is the style/design of the website. it looks so old and unattractive
    IDK what css framework you use for all your sites onw3mall, but they look like they were made in the early 2000s. I think you need to change that ASAP.

I posted this link in the AAAA website thread, but in case you didn't saw it here it is.
    https://garrysmods.org/ this is what i consider the perfect mod DB website. it's clean. easy to understand, the site structure have the right proportions, and is responsive.

If you, or the guys working in the node.js DB can do something like that would be awesome.

also, is the nodejs DB project still going on?

In terms of design, I would have to agree with Zappa. I like simplicity, but I personally also like a clean/professional looking site. I mentioned this to todes too. I've been a big fan of bootstrap and their designs. I think it would be really cool to implement something like this in terms of design:

http://x-null.net/James/templates/2/
    http://x-null.net/James/templates/3/

Design is not as important as having a fully functional application with no bugs. I'd rather spend time getting the back-end right before working on the front-end.

As such, I prefer simple designs. I've worked for a lot of companies that have a flashy looking product, but they spend so much time on the design that the actual product doesn't work, is riddled with bugs, and does NOT solve any of the problems it was originally designed to solve. Yes, these applications sell well (I guess people think it's normal to be ripped off), but we have a problem in society where we judge only the design and front-end rather than judging the actual functionality of the platform.

I will add pk3 to the supported extensions. Thanks for letting me know. There isn't a recently uploaded page yet, but I'll create one that gives an overview.

I'm not a fan of bootstrap. To me, that looks ugly. I use my own frameworks, templates, and write everything by hand. If it looks like it was made in the early 2000s, so be it.

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Added pk3 support, YouTube videos are allowed (use HTML button to paste in iframe share code... will try to extend NicEditor to create YouTube videos from just the URL to make it easier), and cleaned up a few other things.

See this as an example: https://gamemoddb.tk/view_mod.php?id=4

If you wanted, I could provide the CSS style sheet used by the platform if you'd like to tweak it to make your own version. Let me know if anyone wants to do this. I'd like Zappa to create one

To anyone else testing this, you need to activate your account via the email that is sent to your address before you can use the platform. Check your spam folder to make sure you get it. If you have problems with this, just let me know.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

Added a "Newest Files" page and made YouTube video embedding super easy. https://gamemoddb.tk

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

I don't disagree that the backend is very important. In fact I am with you on focusing on the backend for security and making sure everything is functional; but I think it would be also nice to have a nicer user interface (after the backend is configured and working properly of course)

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I don't disagree that the backend is very important. In fact I am with you on focusing on the backend for security and making sure everything is functional; but I think it would be also nice to have a nicer user interface (after the backend is configured and working properly of course)
    Agreed, the design can always be tweaked after it's stable. And, it would be awesome if someone were to help if they had some cool ideas for it.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

Dont forget.... a whole new design for mohdb is being done by ryback & appelpitje as well. The people I've shown it to so far have had very good comments. I just ran some searches through it and all results are blindingly fast.... Give us a little time to get it presentable and then decide if that's the route to go

Best,

Tode

Is there an update on what ryback and appelpitje were working on because AAAA is completely broken in its currently state for the most part and needs to be retired. None of the search filters work I noticed, and I don't care enough to try to delve into the mess anymore to see if I can fix it.

If you need access to the server, a database dump, or other resources, let me know, as I can get them to you... let's move forward on this????

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers