Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Replacement for MOHAAAA Files Database - Game Mod DB

How urgent is this ? a time frame of how long can your setup survive would be useful.
    I am currently busy with mainly AlphaMAC, it's the only thing that can't be postponed.
    Appel is busy with life.
    Currently site is missing a lot of frontend stuff, plus a real issue where if an exception happens whole website exits(I'm actually thinking of leaving nodejs because of that specific issue).
    Also, I have no idea where are urls mapped in the db(it'd be nice to have same url scheme).
    I can still help now and once I've done a big part of the anticheat, I can mainly focus on only the db.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    a real issue where if an exception happens whole website exits(I'm actually thinking of leaving nodejs because of that specific issue).
    If that would be the case for other people then they wouldn't use nodejs, its just about proper exception handling and auto restarting with some watchdog.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    Appel is busy with life.
    True, however i'd like to invest time into MOHUE now whenever i have some free time.
    You could use the html templates if you decide to move to some other language.

And indeed the DB is a mess, needs a clean up and maybe some refactoring first.

I'm still hosting the development server where RyBack and Appelpitje did their work. It already has all the files on it, but may need to snag anything that was uploaded to the aaaa variant since startup (not much I'd bet).

Appelpitje was doing the front end, RyBack was doing the backend. It actually got to a point where it was functional, albeit missing some front end work. I did give the URL to the development site out to a couple people to make sure we were on the right track, and the responses were very positive. It is VERY fast/responsive.

RyBack and Appelpitje would be in a better position than I to say, but my impression was there wasn't all that much front end work left to do. There was talk about needing to restructure the on-disk layout of the file assets - but we decided to skip that for now and have the code access the files in the same layout as was present on the original server. Later on, after going live, we could reorganize the assets in a better way - so that is not a 'to be done before golive' task. As I recall, the db schema was already refactored and just pointed to the convoluted paths on disk.

Perhaps it just needs a web developer to finish off the front end? Is this correct A&R?

As to the node.js exception, watchdog is in place, I just needed to clean up the startup script a bit so that it automatically restarts.

Tode

Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    It is VERY fast/responsive.
    Indeed, i just tested it again and when you search for a keyword it instantly returns results.

Later on, after going live, we could reorganize the assets in a better way - so that is not a 'to be done before golive' task.
    True, it is a mess to find the correct paths for linking them in the frontend with the backend. This is something that needs to be sorted out.
    Because of that, the screenshots and actually files for download are missing in the latest version.

Perhaps it just needs a web developer to finish off the front end? Is this correct A&R?
    I wouldn't say that only the frontend is left, its about matching the backend with the frontend. So both need to be finished.

Anyways we dont have to hide the project. Here is a screenshot from the index page: https://i.imgur.com/i7V6vHV.png

As far as I know, nothing new has been uploaded to AAAA. I haven't added anything because I haven't even figured out how to add more custom content, and I have no desire to do so. It's just a horrible mess, searches don't even work, and I have no idea how it got to be this broken. I don't mind hosting what is there for a while longer (so no rush), but the server it's running on has the worst performance I've ever seen (I've even heavily tuned this server using a lot of tricks already) with lots of high loads (due to all this horrible MySQL caching). It's so bad that I want to turn it off ASAP, so I can't wait for it to be replaced or moved to another service.

I've had to add symlinks and upload some missing files at AAAA already to fix some broken downloads. It does have a lot of content you can't find anymore, so AAAA legacy is important, but it's not very useful in its current state.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

I have add some new files to the database but was 3 months ago.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

True, it is a mess to find the correct paths for linking them in the frontend with the backend. This is something that needs to be sorted out.
    Because of that, the screenshots and actually files for download are missing in the latest version.
    Why you try to match the old structure? Wouldn't it be easier to take all the files and store them in new layout and then migrate posts into new DB and overwrite old paths to new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Why you try to match the old structure? Wouldn't it be easier to take all the files and store them in new layout and then migrate posts into new DB and overwrite old paths to new ones?
    Appel is talking about backend, but I got backend. IIRC Most stuff are converted properly. only problem is with filtering spam in some tables. I think all can be sorted tho.

Yeah its not matching the old structure, its about the new one

Oight, I've got some time to work on the db.
    @own'3mall did u find a way around the spam in the db ?
    If yes, it would be helpful for me, database migration is almost 80% complete, and getting rid of the spam is a huge step.
    I'd need a db dump of the current one if it's cleaned.
    Regards,