While I'd prefer to use Freebsd for my dedicated AA servers, alas the reborn patch has a serious bug there and crashes on startup (the stock game server runs on freebsd just fine, it's definitely a reborn patch issue). Been that way for years, apparently not going to get fixed.... So I have had to use Centos instead.

But now I'm putting up a BT server, and there is no *nix binary for that so I have to go with wine. Since I'm going with wine, I'm tossing it up on freebsd. I do have BT working under wine, but I don't see where it is putting the logs. They aren't in maintt, and I thought it logged by default. Maybe it needs developer mode on?

If anyone has run BT (or SH) under wine, I'd appreciate any tips or tricks you have. I saw a few posts elsewhere via google, but no real info. It seems to work ok, clients can connect and play, but it does crash after about 5 maps or so during the scoreboard display. If I get bt working under wine, then I'll prolly go back and put all my aa servers under wine, so I can run on freebsd again.

Anyways, if anyone has any 'bt under wine' tips & tricks, I'd love to hear 'em

Best,

T