Thread: Question Regaurding Ubersound and Algiers Radio Music

Default Question Regaurding Ubersound and Algiers Radio Music

So I've noticed that on Allied Assault at the map Algiers there is a radio (which is part of the map) that plays music when you walk past it. On Spearhead this radio makes a static noise when you are in lan mode, and when you go to an online server the radio doesn't make any noise at all. I was wondering how I could make the radio play the berlin music while online at my server.

I had figured out how to make the radio static/shortwave noise to switch to the music offline by adding this line to the ubersound file -

alias radio_loop sound/mechanics/Mec_RadioMusic_01.wav soundparms 0.5 0.0 1.0 0.0 150 800 local streamed maps "m2l1 m6l2a dm moh obj train"

However when I upload the files to the actual online server there is neither static or music playing as the radio remains silent. The only Spearhead server I know of that has fixed this issue and had the radio playing music is the BUR clan, which hasn't replied to me yet, so I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas.

Thanks!
    - <T|F|B>The Shadow

Is because the ambient script dont have a check for that map to run the sound.

I have fix the ambient and the ubersound script:
    Attached Files Attached Files

That did the trick, thanks!

Just curious, is there an ambient or server-side fix for the missing footsteps sound on Omaha beach (in the sand) or is that an issue that has to be fixed through giving players a custom ubersound pk3 fix?

You need to give to players the fix because the sound is only played client side.