Thread: Reload Question

Default Reload Question

When you reload a sniper, you reload one bullet at a time, so the bullets from your startammo go down 1 at a time, this makes sense.

When you reload a rifle, you reload a whole clip at a time, so it would make more sense for the startammo to go down by one clipsize at a time.

I did a bit of looking and couldn't find anything that exists like this right now. Most newer games, this is how reloading logic works. Is there a way this can be implemented into MOHAA? I don't know if there's an event that captures the reload? I would think this and then some way of capturing the current size of the "startammo" would be needed. Can anyone give me some guidance?

This can be possible but could stress alot the server to check this.

But i can give you a idea how to do this.

First you need to add a variable to the player with the original startammo when he raise the weapon.

Next you need to execute a script when a player shoot on the weapon tik file on the part of the server and on the script you reduce the variable by 1.

On the script you maybe need to use the parm.other to catch the player using the weapon, self could be weapon, im not sure about this.

EDIT: I have think a bit, theres 2 problems you need to resolve.

One his the ammo the player picks on the ground.

The other is when a player switch the weapon is on the ground and you dont know how mutch ammo the weapon have.
    Last edited by DoubleKill; January 6th, 2019 at 05:04 AM.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

I do not understand what you are trying to achieve.
    But startammo is stored on the weapon, same as clipsize.
    there are reload states you can hook into to, aswell as the ability to check/adjust how much ammo the player has, so you can do a bit around what you are talking about.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive