Thread: Hosted Linux Server...How to change 755 Permissions for updated Files?

Default Hosted Linux Server...How to change 755 Permissions for updated Files?

Hello @ all !
    I have a Hosted MoHAA Lunux Server by freegamehosting.eu.
    Now i wanted to patch the Serverfiles to Reborn latest Patch ( Reborn Version: 3.5.1 v 1.116)

I followed the WIKI Linux installation Guide carefully, all seens be okay.

Now i see on the Serverīs side the permissions for the Updated files are set to 644, the Original Files has permissions 755.
    So the Server wanīt start up because i have no permissions, the Serverīs Console-Log gives me : bash: ./mohaa_lnxded: Permission denied

Iīm struggle now over one Week with this Problem, the Servers Support did not reacting on my Mails, no Telephone Number avaible,so the Server runs only in the default config.

My question, how set the permissions to 755 for the patched Files?
    Iīm using Filezilla for the Server access and wanted to change the Permissions to 755..but it fails.

Please what i have to do ?

Thank you very much !

Ralf-
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	permissions.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	2033

Right click on file and choose permissions
    There you can type in the numeric value 755 or can put check boxes to each group which should be read write and execute for owner read/execute for group and read/execute for public

u have to ask your host to upload the files, you dont have the permissions and they will not give you that permissions, ask them to install the patch and give them the link to the patch https://www.x-null.net/forums/forums...-1-Linux-Patch