Thread: Adding new destroyed Tiger tank model and changing it in mission script

Default Adding new destroyed Tiger tank model and changing it in mission script

Hello guys, I made a new texture for Tiger tank, including new texture for destroyed model. However, despite the fact vanilla game has two variants of Tiger, in desert and woodland-summer camo, these variants share a destruction model. The vanilla textures for both Normandy and Africa variants are very similar, both painted in brown tones (so similar in fact that devs didn't even notice that in-game model of desert variant Tiger has mismatched turret texture, used by Normandy one...), so devs decided to screw it and make shared destruction model for them as camo pattern is not visible under black soot anyway. But now that I created proper Normandy texture, this becomes a problem.
    I created a new, separate .tik file for destroyed Tiger of african variant (tigertank_dsrt_d.tik). Mission m1l2b is the only mission where african variant is used so it's easier to approach it from that way. I had to edit the level script for that to work.

I changed in script case to refer to "empty_tiger_dsrt" instead of "empty_tiger":

https://i.imgur.com/QR3S6zH.png

and also added this "empty_tiger_dsrt" case in vehicle_thinkers.scr:

https://i.imgur.com/NL7v5Gj.png

But the game doesn't recognize the new "case" for new destroyed Tiger, instead reverts to default (the last option in vehicle_thinkers.scr screen, one that spawns the crew and tigertank_d.tik)

Did I miss something, is there other script that controls it or did I make mistake in that script? Should something else be done for the game to recognize this new "case"?

*sorry I don't know how to resize the images here and they mess up the post, so I just left links to them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sage; July 11th, 2023 at 11:11 AM.

sorry it might sound silly, but i only once had a problem with switch case that i solved by adding a semicolon just after each "break", maybe because of the text editor i used atm. I can't see nothing wrong in the code you posted anyway.

Okay nevermind I'm just a moron and forgot I have vehicles_thinkers.scr doubled in mod files because of mod structure done in separate parts... And the game simply chose the version from another .pk3 package. Everything is fine and works well now