Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: server radio

Default server radio

A integrated mp3 player (very basic, very simple) plays songs from the server the client is connected to.

Songs are setup by server admin in a folder (or more), they are playing in an endless loop for every connected client who has tuned in to, list of songs is generated from the folder on special rcon command, or when the server starts. Maybe some more rcon commands for start, stop loop, or change folder.

Client gets some songs info, ability to tune in or not, and to store songs on local client machine too.

I believe the moh-client has allready ability to play mp3 stuff.

hmmm interesting. If it doesn't have it implemented there is code from clienthooks that have winamp integration.

yes definatly interesting and would add value to the game in my opinion, though it might be a better idea to not directly integrate it into the patch/game, will check if its something to integrate with scappi.

WoWsY!! man this is awesome !! i made a little guide of how to listen to the radio for now the link is here http://uppit.com/hgfb8rqlwikf/WINAMP_GUIDE.rar
    download it and boom there it is :-D

it is 25/8 ( ofcourse i mean 24/7)

i hope you will download this all of you guys( or atleast try it)

this is it for now.

byee

yes, will integrate this into next scapp-host update so that its possible to have for each clan a server (clan) radio.

Check out [E]xclusive Clan Radio status hee: http://scapp.net:8000

Add the stream as URL into winamp or mediaplayer to tune in: http://scapp.net:8000/stream.mp3
    (or click the M3U button in the status view)

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

I gave it a try. It's nice! I didn't write here earlier, but I think it's a good idea.
    However, I don't know if we won't break any copyrights when sending music to clients.

yes the icecast software just works fine, its free + opensource, good stuff.
    Well copyright issues that would be in the responsibility of the owner/hoster what he/she sends on air.

Cool would be if u could integrate something directly in the client to catch the stream and play it, but Im aware that it would cause much extra work, not sure how much, but would definatly need some networking work, buffering and finnaly play the stream and Im not sure if mohaas included mp3 player would be suited for it either, well but no hurde that could not be taken, maybe an other developer would like to pick it up.

It would be hard. If you know something opensource, we could always add into client.

It's concept won't look like:

GAME
    {
    Game Engine
    [ inside stuff to play streamed music]
    }

It would rather look like:
    GAME
    {
    Game Engine
    Stuff to play streamed music
    }

So it would be a separate thing existing next to Game Engine, having it's own open ports etc. This is doable. We would just need to include source code into existing patch project and add game command to control it.

Find something and I can try to add it. I won't implement it from scratch. Mohaa mp3 playing isn't enough (no streaming, no top, pause, play stuff)

I'm listening to this radio. Type O Negative, Bloodhound Gang, etc. was nice. Someone was messing with it today, geuss it's you JoTo ;p

hmm :busted me

there are two libraries I know of which could be used,

first is BASS: http://www.un4seen.com/
    from what I saw and read its offering rich features, and probably handles allready the networking part, its not open source, but for mohaa client patch it would probably free of cost. Has libraries for all operating systems and languages.

second is mgp123: http://www.mpg123.de/
    Its open source and is only the engine itself (but for many decoders, mpg3, ogg), means for the networking part something else must be used, and the output is a plain wave stream which needs to be transported further.
    But... its the best mp3 engine I came across offering highest quality with lowest CPU usage, I tested it and the difference on same song with this mpg123 versus winamp is hearable. (its used in many embedded system like PS2, DS, DJ software etc.)