Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: server radio

We should have a global mohaa radio station with 1 or 3 streams for choose by user, and those can only be listened with the mohaa client patch. Would be something ?

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Nice thing would be integrating icecast with mohaa servers. So players joining server would tune in. So server could build their own player base based on music they like, you would go to the servers that got music you like and play there.

Some would even remain spectators probably just to listen to the music xD

OK. I think I will be able to add radio receiver to client-side patch.

I could also add new CVar for server, or make server to set new CVar for every client connecting to it. So clients could get server's radio url, and play it.

I think this will be cool! It will probably support Icecast/Icecast2/Shoutcast

yes yes that would be cool :cool

I will bundle icecast server together with scapp-host.
    Could also directly be bundled with the server patch then. Will later post the nescessary files.

Lets make a X-null radio.

----------------------------------------------
    Have set it up:

X-Null Mohaa Radio - www.x-null.net

The best music you can tune to (HQ). Listen ingame with Mohaa client 1.12.

http://scapp.net:8000/stream.m3u

Good idea, what kind of music though?

The schedule is basically genre based, at this moment disco/dance/trance stuff, later in the evening (european time ) some rock and hardcore stuff like AC/DC, Metallica etc. etc. mixed but also complete albums (fav is atm Metallicas S&M) then at night time choosen titels (1-10) from artists from all decades (60,70,80,90s etc.) which might also include some slower music.

Well, Im looking atm into some radio station software to have some more possibilties, Im thinking here of some "shows" or playlists from users who are interested in to play their stuff.

So James, when ur interested that the world can listen to your fav music, get ur winamp ready and make a playlist, then you can mount up to the icecast server, and the world is yours

(you need winamp http://www.winamp.com and the oddcast plugin http://www.mpex.net/software/download/oddcast.html (is needed for streaming the music to the icecast server))

lets go

OK. SO I ADDED RADIO! Right now it supports only our station ;p So when I write this I'm listening to Scorpions (There's No One Like You) which is one of my favourite bands, from MoH:AA client! This is soooo awesome! I'll build a menu for it, and display song name etc.

That sounds awesome & the Scorps are awesome!

wow cool cool cool

That will be awesome, and the icecast server will allow us a very flexible design, we can stream in other sources like clanbase radio or any other stream, user made content, server admins can provide their own content or they just pickup the x-null mohaa radio stream. It will be awesome

I know this is big fun, and i love listening to music, but is this priority?