Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestion ;) [Discord server for Xnull]

@James: You dont need to install the client on the PC, you can use on the browser.
    Or you could install on your smartphone like i have.

Discord is an awesome thing. I use it to talk to a few other developers for communicating while working on some of the same things. The back and forth on what is being worked on and how is helpful to both me and them, but not x-null as a whole. Probably not in un-edited form at least.

I do not think it should be an x-null-wide thing though. Not to be exclusionary - the issue to me is that if general technical questions get posed and answered there as a matter of course, it will detract from the entire community benefiting from that knowledge. The best analogy I can come up with is... posing questions in the shoutbox. Generally, it's frowned upon because it should be posted on the forums where everyone can benefit, more people can see it, and people years from now can refer back to it.

For non-development things, discord could turn into an annoyance if done for all of x-null. If I was getting a popup on my screen constantly asking "how do I install a mohaa server" from a new user, I would be unhappy. But I would (and am) more than happy to come to the website when I have a little time and answer queries. Just my two millidollars worth....

Tode

i dont wanna use discord at all .... becease its almost a facebook kind of teamspeak.

without u wanting it u come across alot of people on the globe, just random people.... and i really hate that.
    i prefer teamspeak as u really can only come when u join the server....

i wont use discord

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips {sfx} View Post
    i dont wanna use discord at all .... becease its almost a facebook kind of teamspeak.

without u wanting it u come across alot of people on the globe, just random people.... and i really hate that.
    i prefer teamspeak as u really can only come when u join the server....

i wont use discord
    What do you mean by Facebook kind? If it's about the maturity of people, I agree that you can meet a 15 years old kid trying to be the king of the server and telling that everything is offensive in 2018 when you don't like their foolish jokes

About servers, Discord works the same way as Teamspeak, you can only come when you join the server (shared link), you can setup your server to be fully private or have some channels private by setting their permissions.

Well since Appel has created a server we can use for quick questions, I'd be fine with using that (for anyone interested), and if it's a private link; and you would like to share it for users here, I am fine with that. Maybe I'll pop in every now and then to bother Ley0k when I have programming questions. :P (Just kidding. kinda... )

Quote Originally Posted by Ley0k View Post
    What do you mean by Facebook kind? If it's about the maturity of people, I agree that you can meet a 15 years old kid trying to be the king of the server and telling that everything is offensive in 2018 when you don't like their foolish jokes

About servers, Discord works the same way as Teamspeak, you can only come when you join the server (shared link), you can setup your server to be fully private or have some channels private by setting their permissions.
    Its that u can simply find and join other clans channels etc, its to open.... in my gaming experience u should avoid most of the people and clans to operate peacefully, with this discord u can easily switch from one clans channel to another... its so annoying.... after a while u can post what ur doing what ur eating how bad u feel......... not my thing, i keep it with teamspeak untill my own clan forces me... but they dont move at all so im not worried about that :P