Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion ;) [Discord server for Xnull]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink Suggestion ;) [Discord server for Xnull]

Hello guys

Let's create server on Discord for Xnull website.

it will be useful, so if you have simple question or if anyone of us want to discuss about something or chat with any developer to facilitate communication with us

Last edited by beroo; November 19th, 2018 at 03:54 PM.
    Greetings :-{[T_P]}- BeroO -{[CF]}-
    the-pharaohs.enjin.com

I'm open to suggestions, but just an FYI guys, the devs on here only pop up every once in a while. Plus there is a pretty big time difference between many of us. I mean I know own3mall and I are from the states and many of you are in a different country, so I jump on from time to time during work hours and weekends when I have time, but I don't really have too much available time after getting home from work because I have errands to run and do stuff before getting to bed. Anyway, if there is enough interest in setting up a discord server, I'm open to doing that, but I'd like to see how many others would be willing to use it.

EDIT:
    Alright I feel a little silly. I thought this was different than initially what I thought. This looks like a client setup, nothing serverside? Is this like xfire or what exactly?
    I don't even see a setup installation on the site. All the downloads look like client installers.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm open to suggestions, but just an FYI guys, the devs on here only pop up every once in a while. Plus there is a pretty big time difference between many of us. I mean I know own3mall and I are from the states and many of you are in a different country, so I jump on from time to time during work hours and weekends when I have time, but I don't really have too much available time after getting home from work because I have errands to run and do stuff before getting to bed. Anyway, if there is enough interest in setting up a discord server, I'm open to doing that, but I'd like to see how many others would be willing to use it.

EDIT:
    Alright I feel a little silly. I thought this was different than initially what I thought. This looks like a client setup, nothing serverside? Is this like xfire or what exactly?
    I don't even see a setup installation on the site. All the downloads look like client installers.
    that's meaning u didn't use Discord before, i didn't use xfire before to tell it is looks like it or not.
    u can create server from ur client side for free from main company host and it so pretty good cuz in discord u have a lot of options there like u can talk with someone chat or voice and u can use bots and u will have the main control of ur server and u can put ur rols for ur server and users

a lot of clans have server on discord and Ryback also create new one
    and MOHUE have old one i knew discord app to join MOHUE and a lot of us there like [Apple, Ryback, Doublekill, Smithy, Bulldozer, Elgan, Zappa, ...etc ]
    and a lot of ppl know xnull and don't know what is MOHUE so why we don't create discord server for xnull

@james i know u will like it after using it
    Last edited by beroo; November 19th, 2018 at 03:54 PM.
    the-pharaohs.enjin.com

Yes discord is clientside only,
    They take care of servers.

i've been using discord for a while (because of other games), and i can tell you it feels like a mix of Skype, Teampeak and WhatsApp.

I think discord is a nice thing for clans or active projects like mohue, but i don't think is necessary for xnull at all.
    will be better to keep all mohaa discussions here in the forum, so people can google it, and the info get stored as long as the forum exist.
    if you talk about something important or never discussed before in discord, it will be lost very easily in a few time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
    i've been using discord for a while (because of other games), and i can tell you it feels like a mix of Skype, Teampeak and WhatsApp.

I think discord is a nice thing for clans or active projects like mohue, but i don't think is necessary for xnull at all.
    will be better to keep all mohaa discussions here in the forum, so people can google it, and the info get stored as long as the forum exist.
    if you talk about something important or never discussed before in discord, it will be lost very easily in a few time.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa View Post

as i said Zappa this server will be for discussing for simple questions.

on discord u can't write more than 2000 characters so u can't post any long script there and there is few codes only 2 i found them i think and u must refer to xnull to post this script and u can put rols there to not allow upload files that's easy to do that.

also u can put another rols if u find strange or new bug or new issue or deserve topic then the modder or the admin who will reply for that can tell him create topic on xnull to don't lose info.

there isn't new in this game and u also very busy in ur life, and u will not lose anything if u did it, so for me this is will good for chating with modders and developers to get new knowledge for scripting and for game.

here we need to wait 1 day untill someone reply for stupid question so i don't see any mind to don't do that, this server will make us in connect with each other easier than here we will not cancel the website but if i saw there is app for xnull and all of u using it why will i need server in discord for xnull
    Last edited by beroo; November 19th, 2018 at 08:46 PM.
    the-pharaohs.enjin.com

The only thing is, I honestly don't know if I would have the time to participate in it to be honest. There is a reason why majority of devs aren't as active anymore as they used to be. Between work and life, it can be difficult to even be active on the forums sometimes; let alone now run another client. Like I said for me, I'm usually at work anyway so I don't want to install stuff on my work machines. I mean if Razor or own3mall or the other admins wouldn't mind managing it, then I'd be fine for them to set it up, but I kinda agree with Zappa and ryback. I think personally it might be unnecessary, but I don't want to speak for others. Like I said if you guys want to do something like this I'm all for it, I just can't promise that I'll be active in it.

The reason I setup the chat above is so people can ask simple questions, but as we all know most "simple" questions tend to be not so simple... And I also agree it's better to post as a new thread for new issues so that topics don't get lost and other users can find the topic if they run into similar issues.

I'll let the community speak for themselves, but that's just my opinion.

ok ignore it
    yesterday MOHUE created new channels for MOHAA for the much of talking about MOHAA there, it doesn't matter if u want to do it or not they weren't have these channels
    Last edited by beroo; November 20th, 2018 at 02:42 AM.
    the-pharaohs.enjin.com

It would indeed be good to have all question and answer here on this forum just like the old modtheater was (sadface). Like beroo said, we created on the MOHUE discord server a category and channel dedicated to questions for MOHAA related stuff such as modding questions. Peopel can join our discord via: https://discordapp.com/invite/U5b6rXq
    There are also a few MOHAA(communities/clans/...) Discord servers out there where peopel already ask questions.