Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: AAAA website

Fixed it so you can login to phpmyadmin now on heatsink's server... making dump of files and database now.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

My suggestions :
    1) Upgrade to PHP7.
    2) Use Wordpress connected with a nodejs server rather than Drupal. Or check https://kinsta.com/blog/wordpress-vs-drupal/
    3) Use Nginx along with Varnish. Nginx is known to be lighter than Apache in term of performance and memory, check this article : NGINX performs 2.5 times faster than Apache according to a benchmark test running up to 1,000 simultaneous connections. Another benchmark running with 512 simultaneous connections, showed that NGINX is about twice as fast and consumed slightly less memory (4%). Also check this benchmark.
    4) Always stay up to date, I advise to use an *nix distribution rather than a Windows one due to the fact that app updates are always updated first on *nix and are easy to install/update.
    5) Use docker whenever possible if there is any plan to run multiple apps on the same server.
    6) Use Cloudflare. It can be used for free on MOHAAAA : check it out.
    7) Always use SSL (Cloudflare one or Letsencrypt), it's always better to feel safe by seeing the green lock on the URL bar of the browser
    8) Maybe connect blacklists with this spam database?
    Last edited by Ley0k; January 16th, 2019 at 04:35 AM.

One thing that should be added is: Optimize the db.
    The current drupal db is around 25GB, the biggest table is cache.
    If your backend and front end are fast but ur db is slow as hell, it will stay slow..

Quote Originally Posted by Ley0k View Post
    My suggestions :
    1) Upgrade to PHP7.
    2) Use Wordpress connected with a nodejs server rather than Drupal. Or check https://kinsta.com/blog/wordpress-vs-drupal/
    3) Use Nginx along with Varnish. Nginx is known to be lighter than Apache in term of performance and memory, check this article : NGINX performs 2.5 times faster than Apache according to a benchmark test running up to 1,000 simultaneous connections. Another benchmark running with 512 simultaneous connections, showed that NGINX is about twice as fast and consumed slightly less memory (4%). Also check this benchmark.
    4) Always stay up to date, I advise to use an *nix distribution rather than a Windows one due to the fact that app updates are always updated first on *nix and are easy to install/update.
    5) Use docker whenever possible if there is any plan to run multiple apps on the same server.
    6) Use Cloudflare. It can be used for free on MOHAAAA : check it out.
    7) Always use SSL (Cloudflare one or Letsencrypt), it's always better to feel safe by seeing the green lock on the URL bar of the browser
    8) Maybe connect blacklists with this spam database?
    1) Of course, if php is used.
    2) I host hundreds of wordpress sites. WP doesn't have a great track record on security, but it is ubiquitous. Again, I'm not too concerned about the stack.
    3) Yes, nginx is faster than apache, but I personally don't care. The db load isn't much at all, and the flexibility that apache gives is worth the slight performance penalty given that I've got 'overkill' horsepower to toss at it. You don't always need the lambourghini, sometimes the minivan is just fine. Also (for my own case) I already know apache very well, and nginx not so much. Could I do it? Sure. But why make it more difficult (and unique) when that '2.5 times' faster doesn't get you anything?
    4) Anything I'd propose is on a *nix platform. Better networking stack just for starters.
    5) Docker is great, but I'd think just a separate VM. Same result.
    6) I had already set up a fastly account for this, that's what we use as they seem to have a really good story to tell with regards to DDOS mitigation. But... I am not sure the traffic warrants distributing content globally. DDOS mitigation... yeah.
    7) SSL - Not sure that's necessary, but ok.
    8) I'm not sure the mohaaaa site was targeted because it was mohaaaa. I suspect it was targeted just due to vulnerability scans. Once it's discovered, hacks generally keep at it and the surrounding machines.

T

Quote Originally Posted by Appelpitje View Post
    One thing that should be added is: Optimize the db.
    The current drupal db is around 25GB, the biggest table is cache.
    If your backend and front end are fast but ur db is slow as hell, it will stay slow..
    Cleared it already. It was huge. Now the DB is 1GB instead of 20+GB... still large, more optimizations to be done later.

x-null server runs nginx just fyi lol

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Damn, 19Gb worth of optimization? Nice job!!! I used to use cloudflare and really liked it, but own3mall assured me we don't need to use it if he hosts the site! So far everything has been running great for us.

Appel, you're absolutely right. It doesn't matter how good a system is, you're only going to go as fast as your greatest bottleneck will allow you. So ideally, the system and hardware should be fast and then you will get the best performance.

Great work everyone. Sounds like everything is moving forward and you got this under control!

Can a few of you with AAAA accounts help me test the legacy site on the proposed replacement server? I need you to test downloading files, searching for files, and creating / adding files. Test everything really... Use the same login and password as you do on the real AAAA site to login.

I've updated AAAA to the latest version of DP6 via the LTS program patches (so it should be more secure than before).

I cleaned up some more stuff and removed the fuzzy search module which shaved another 700MB from the database.

Testing requires that you edit your hosts file. You can use Hosts File Manager (http://hostsmanager.tk/) to do it quickly and easily. Or, you can do it manually by opening C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts using Notepad.

Make 209.249.147.71 resolve to www.mohaaaa.co.uk and mohaaaa.co.uk

If you're editing the hosts file manually, you would add:

Code:
    209.249.147.71 mohaaaa.co.uk www.mohaaaa.co.uk
    Then, save or apply your hosts file changes, and visit the site in your browser. You'll now be using this server until you delete or remove these host file entries. The idea is we'll hopefully migrate the legacy site to this server.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

I have tested today and this is the status:

Downloading - works faster
    Login - Dont work, show this error "Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site administrator if the problem persists."

With the login broken cant test if i can upload a new mod/map to the database

The forum need a fix too because theres alot of spam from the bots.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleKill View Post
    I have tested today and this is the status:

Downloading - works faster
    Login - Dont work, show this error "Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site administrator if the problem persists."

With the login broken cant test if i can upload a new mod/map to the database

The forum need a fix too because theres alot of spam from the bots.
    The login is working for me. Not sure why you'd get an email error when trying to login? How do you add a new mod anyways? Not sure how to use this interface...

We can delete the forum stuff since we're directing people to X-null now?

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

Ok, so I've changed a lot on the test site (read https://www.x-null.net/forums/thread...ll=1#post35196 to help test), and I think it's in a good state on the test server.

Lots of spam was removed, inactive users were deleted, recaptchas were added to prevent spam, signups & logins still work, you can still add new mods (haven't tried all the way through though), the old forums are read only, and more...

Thoughts on this? I believe we should point mohaaaa.co.uk to the new server once everyone is satisfied from testing. Heatsink could offload AAAA website completely from his server which would probably improve overall performance (and no more worry about exploits / site issues impacting performance).

Let me know guys. Not sure why you can't login DoubleKill. Shadow, could you please give me some feedback (since I think you posted most of the files on the AAAA site)?

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers