Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: AAAA website

I have tested again and is working now.

And i have test to upload a map and have work too.

To add a map/mod theres a button close to the place you going to see the maps/mods but you need to be login to gain access.

Guys, I didn't realize how much involvement all of you took into helping out with the website and everything.
    First and foremost, want to thank EVERYONE's involvement in helping out with this. It really makes me happy to see how eager everyone was to jump in and help out as much as they could.

From the looks of things, own3mall swooped in and is doing a fantastic job, but as I understood; ryback, appel and Todes were also working on a concept with this.

Now I'm not here to take sides, but I thought if you guys wanted a "fun" challenge we can present both options to the community and then have the community vote which option they like best.

What are your thoughts?

I think that's a good idea. I'm not against a better solution. I just wanted to update what was there and keep it going, as this doesn't require as much effort (imo).
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Can be possible to create a code to create md5 hash automatacly of the file before gets upload to the database?

Not everyone know how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Guys, I didn't realize how much involvement all of you took into helping out with the website and everything.
    First and foremost, want to thank EVERYONE's involvement in helping out with this. It really makes me happy to see how eager everyone was to jump in and help out as much as they could.

From the looks of things, own3mall swooped in and is doing a fantastic job, but as I understood; ryback, appel and Todes were also working on a concept with this.

Now I'm not here to take sides, but I thought if you guys wanted a "fun" challenge we can present both options to the community and then have the community vote which option they like best.

What are your thoughts?
    I think its a great project to work on, just like some people already placed in here: A simple site which has a search bar and options to find mods faster.
    We are already developing the web app in Nodejs and so far we already have the DB models, basic front end views, the only thing that is left is pairing the files/downloads.

For the people working in the Node.js project:
    IDK if you already have made or decided the UI for the database website, but please make it look clean and modern.
    the current one looks like a site made 15 years ago and is very unattractive.
    i'd like to suggest something like this garrysmods.org (a Garry's Mod addons database) something clean and easy to understand.
    and please, don't use a dark theme on it. please.

Hey guys,

So I've had to do a lot of reading haha, and getting PMs from several people. I've been extremely busy with work and IRL this week, so had no time to look at the forum before now.
    First of all, thanks to everyone who is so dedicated in keeping AAAA & the database alive!! I've put an incredible amount of work into creating it with Heatsink, tried to upload loads of files daily for years tbh.
    So, seeing it all break down was really painful, as well was the thought of losing it and starting over. Just the thought honestly hurt me.

Now I've been reading up a lot and I must again add that this is not my area of expertise, so a lot of the jargon used in all your replies was basically lost on me.

So I can only reply in layman's terms basically, forgive me for the simplicity.

1. I would absolutely love it for the database to remain as it is, as that would mean that nothing has to be re-uploaded or anything.. and it would take a huge load off.
    2. The current database would have to be fixed as a lot isn't working anymore (mostly search options and entire pages).
    3. I've read my help was requested on the fixing part, let me know what you need/want and I'll get on it I'm guessing just to make a list of everything that isn't working as it used to (on the database)?
    4. Transferring the database to a different server is no problem for me, if that's an easy thing to do? Anything to make it more secure and smoother/faster. I've read that several of you have been fixing and cleaning stuff up already, amazing work!!
    5. The old AAAA site was/is huge of course, but all we basically need to keep for that is the database. As our main website became the new VB Forum. So I bet there's still loads of pages that could be removed.. and to only leave the database side of it.
    6. Just an fyi; I previously blocked access for every new user on the old AAAA site (Database site), as accounts were being made every minute for almost a year straight and practically the site was overwhelmed with ads. Pages, forum posts, comments etc. were being made by fake accounts every few minutes for a year straight as well.
    7. I really like the idea of a new database as well, that works and looks smoother and is less chaotic (and I've been hearing great stuff from Todes, Appel & RyBack); if it's possible to transfer the current files, screenshots & information easily. Because we've tried similar things before and weren't able to transfer anything (or hardly anything) over properly. And the idea of having practically hundreds of hours of uploading (and finding information & taking screenshots) lost, is painful.
    8. The AAAA Database always had a bit of a chaotic look and was a bit clunky in how it looked (but Heatsink always did amazing work and managed to somehow create everything that was needed at the time!). So having a fresh, cleaner look and something which is easier to handle and update etc. seems to be the future & direction that is needed in my opinion. I just hope it's possible and not just too good to be true.
    9. Is it a possibility that we work on & use both ideas? Fixing & securing the current database and at the same time create a new structure, lay-out etc. that can be used in the future? As I can imagine it will take some time to build something like that? Maybe even both databases could then be used at the same time, as some sort of mirror of each other? Although linking databases might be impossible now that I'm thinking about it. Still, I like both options and would love to see both work out.

I'm willing to help out however I can, just the thought of re-uploading massive amounts of files is something I can't handle after everything I've put into it xD So I hope, this won't really be needed. But the database will always be my baby and I'd love to see it continue on and I'll definitely help uploading stuff and sharing my views & ideas on improving things.

Edit: About themes, I really prefer dark over light. I really can't stand the light themes anymore xD But ofc. having the option of choosing for yourself is best!
    Last edited by Shadow; January 19th, 2019 at 10:44 AM.

Regarding themeing, I agree, I prefer light themes over dark, but I know there are some people that prefer the opposite. I saw some really cool sites developed using bootstrap.

http://x-null.net/James/templates/3/
    http://x-null.net/James/templates/2/

You can change themes on the fly which is awesome.

EDIT:
    Own3mall, Ryback just brought to my attention that Todes user account got messed up on these forums. I can't exactly tell what happened, but from looking at it, it's as if it was "reset". His posts and threads are still there AFAIK, but his account was showing "pending" as if he never signed in yet. And his groups were all cleared out. I'm not sure if you were importing database stuff from HSB's forums, but we just need to be careful nothing else gets overwritten and\or jacked up, since we have a lot of users on here that have the same account info as on HSB's forums.

Just wanted to let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
    For the people working in the Node.js project:
    IDK if you already have made or decided the UI for the database website, but please make it look clean and modern.
    the current one looks like a site made 15 years ago and is very unattractive.
    i'd like to suggest something like this garrysmods.org (a Garry's Mod addons database) something clean and easy to understand.
    and please, don't use a dark theme on it. please.
    And so it shall be

T

@James, no idea. AAAA work is being done on a completely different server, and I haven't touched anything here.

@Shadow, I've already migrated, upgraded, secured, and changed some of the AAAA old database system. I need you to test it (instructions here https://www.x-null.net/forums/thread...ll=1#post35196) and make sure the transfer was successful and everything that was there is still working. The search should be working fine too, but let me know how it's broken, and I might be able to fix more of the legacy stuff.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.