Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AAAA website

My offer was to take over payments for aaaa for a month or two or whatever was necessary, while the rest of my plan was implemented. No compensation required, consider it a gift. That plan was:

1) Migrate the forums to x-null. No slight at all intended to aaaa - they have my utmost respect and appreciation - but the site there is not very active. As such - if my fellow x-null peeps are willing - James would create/rejuvenate forums on x-null that address what aaaa was doing with them, and the users just migrate. Obviously we'd have to give some thought to preservation/migration of past thread archives. Is there any other content involved besides the mohaadatabase? Thus, the forum piece is not in my offer as x-null already has the infrastructure in place to manage and given traffic and commonality of existing users, this seems like a no-brainer to me.

2) I would take over hosting of the mohaadatabase. I'd ask/hope that Shadow would partner up with me on that, at least initially. It would have to be hosted using a stack that I am familiar with (*nix, apache, mysql). All the files could be migrated (just send me a HD if its a lot of GB, how much space are we talking)? Someone would have to create the front end, I do not do website creation. Shadow could still help maintain it if he wishes. If he does not, I'd be happy to do it alone. There would be no charge or compensation required for this. Hosting would be gratis. Before I agree to that, I need details from HSB on storage requirements. DK mentioned above that a beefy server is required, I suspect that is not the case. I doubt there are hundreds of simultaneous users putting stress on the db, and *nix instead of windows dramatically reduces hardware requirements. As few dependencies as possible, and must all be housed on one vm.

3) When I made my offer yesterday, I was not at all aware of the gameserver hosting. My initial thought was that I would not be interested in that. However, I'm already hosting 4 or 5 gameservers. If someone can give me details on the number and type of servers, maybe i can consider this. I could do it free, or for a cost to the server owner, or not at all. I'd like to be in the loop on discussion for this, in case based on the details I decide to offer it.

4) Are there any other services that aaaa was running besides the forum, mohaaaadb, and gameservers? If I'm going to agree to do things gratis I need to know the scope a little better....

Everything is a VM on our infrastructure, so while the hosting company will continue if I am ever hit by a bus, the failsafe for future is they would provide a vmexport and future migration would be a load vm and boot operation.

I will help in any way I can. I will not allow the mohaaaadb to go silent, I and others depend on it and it's critical that it be there if mohaa is to have a future (which I think it does).

Best,

Todesengel
    Last edited by Todesengel; January 13th, 2019 at 09:33 AM. Reason: cuz i kent speel

What about migrating the db to our own db, just copy current structure and use nodejs with self made front end and maintain it instead of using a cms? I would be happy to help out, im not a sql guru but if we can just get the data from the downloads and host the files on a separate disk/host then the load should be fine.

The current problem is that aaaa cant upgrade drupal or apache because of compability issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelpitje View Post
    What about migrating the db to our own db, just copy current structure and use nodejs with self made front end and maintain it instead of using a cms? I would be happy to help out, im not a sql guru but if we can just get the data from the downloads and host the files on a separate disk/host then the load should be fine.

The current problem is that aaaa cant upgrade drupal or apache because of compability issues.
    Totally agree! I'm down to help do that. I have little previous experience with nodejs but I can get a working laravel/php stack for the AAAA db.

Yep. I would not want to migrate the existing cms I don't think (but we could try that if no other option). But the files could just be copied to a server on my infrastructure, and a very simple web front end written to access it. Or, perhaps there is a very simple 'file download site' tool off-the-shelf that can be dropped in place and customized a little. I am not a web programmer at all, so maybe appelpitje can help?
    Last edited by Todesengel; January 13th, 2019 at 10:38 AM.

I haven't heard from HSB yet, but regardless of what he chooses to do... this month plus a little extra of aaaa hosting is paid for. Of course, those who owe for hosting services really need to pony up too!

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

That's great news!

We should make a backup of the DB.. from what I remember it has really convoluted structure, but we can later design something better and migrate the data.. for now we only need simple frontend that is able to read data from current DB schema.

Well sounds like we got a good handle on this. I'm happy to see us working together to come up with a plan! And just FYI, I have reached out to Trent once again to see if he is still okay with me taking on TMT and reviving it. I'll keep you all posted.

Hey all...sorry late reply.... I have some issues in my life and can no longer support AAAA and its been getting attacked on daily basis and funding now low so have had to give up the reigns

Its nice to see so many of you trying to help....thank you so much as dont want to let any one down !!

Bills are paid on GD hosting thank you all !!

@Ubersoldier thanks so much for all your efforts keeping it going the past 12 months dude you are a legend thanks mate !!!

@X-null thanks guys as always legends...........

I will try to hand everything over and explain.......

The Gaming deluxe hosting at present is £100 a month but over the past year clans have down sized and recently MAW clan lost the mother of MOHAA Linda xxxx and since I have not been active .

AAAA runs the following....

Teamspeak 3 hosting AAAA and 7 clans

AAAA website vbul forums - agree it should end up here

Database maps and mods........ drupal 6 myself and own3mall tried to migrate dont bother its a bitch

Hosting agree clans should move to own3mall

He not bad host not as fast as AAAA but ok lol mmmm perhaps a bit more secure

The AAAA Database is main concern

to move both website and DB its copy and paste under windows as running XAMPP

to fix my old dog mess fuck sorry.......................but it runs its just a security nightmare

Thank you for your support !!! really appreciate !!

@Shadow - you are legend and I promise that your efforts to AAAA DB will live honestly your efforts to the game thanks dude sorry I have let you down