Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Players' IP is the same as my server's IP - MOHAA

Default Help! Players' IP is the same as my server's IP - MOHAA

Hello,

I'm having a weird issue that has always happened with me whenever I host a server from my pc.
    The server works and is available in game server list, gametracker can scan, and players can join and play normally etc..

But there's one (very) weird thing. (well at least for me? )
    The problem is any player joins the server (random guests, so they mostly join from game server list)

They all have exactly the same IP as my server's.
    I can see this from both Foresight, and rcon status from console.

I have all required ports open (the ports that are in uhost4free site)
    and the server is running on 12203 port, with that port being set in server config "set net_port 12203"

This caused major issue, Foresight detected and banned a player with an illegal skin - so it logically proceeded and banned the rest of the players right after that. I disabled the illegal skin check for now. But this just makes me unable to IP ban anyone.

Any help or tip regarding this is very much appreciated!

what happens when u run your server without any mod?.
    if the server is than fine add the mods 1 by 1 and see whats causing it.

when the problem occurs when u dont have any mod in there, post your full log here so the pro's can see whats going on.

I've already tried this before posting.
    I've also tried with reborn patch files on and off. Game version is the Revival version downloaded from mymohaa.tk
    Which log file is needed?

Sounds like it's more a network related issue.
    Can you post your server here?

Code:
    // General Settings

seta sv_hostname "Test Server"
    seta sv_maxRate "10000"			// DO NOT SET OVER 15000 OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE LOCKED!
    seta sv_timeout "200" 			//amount of time before assuming a disconnected state
    seta sv_precache "1"
    seta sv_fps "19" 				//max frame rate to clients - increasing will raise pings
    seta sv_maxClients "20"		
    seta sv_allowDownload "0"
    seta sv_reconnectlimit "10"
    //seta sv_zombietime "1"

//seta g_forcerespawn "30"
    //seta g_syncronousclients "0"
    seta sv_chatter "1"
    set g_healrate 10
    set sv_invulnerabletime 5
    set net_port 12203
    //seta cl_maxpackets 20
    //seta snaps "20"
    set g_realismmode 1
    set g_inactiveKick 9999996
    set g_inactivity "10"
    seta g_teamForceBalance "1"	

// Server Passwords

seta rconPassword ""
    seta g_password ""
    seta sv_privateClients ""
    seta sv_privatePassword ""

// Server Network Settings

set sv_flood_waitdelay "10" //not too sure on this, possibly time before flooder is allowed to type again (default)
    set sv_flood_persecond "4" //messages per second to be considered a flood ?? (default)
    set sv_flood_msgs "4" // ?? (default)
    net_noipx "1" //Disallows IPX connections, TCP only (network protocol)

// Logs

//Logging
    seta logfile "3"
    seta g_log "mohserver.log"
    seta g_logSync "0"

// Extras

seta sv_maxPing "300"
    seta sv_minPing "0"
    seta sv_floodProtect "1"

// Game Type Settings - ATTN-May be overwritten by MOH config file below
    // Set the type of game: 1=Deathmatch 2= Team match 3 = OBJ 4 = Roundbased

seta g_gametype "2"
    //seta roundlimit "20"
    seta timelimit "20"
    //seta fraglimit "165"

// Game Play Default Settings
    seta g_gravity "800"
    //seta g_knockback "1000"
    //seta g_quadfactor "3"
    seta g_speed "300"
    seta sv_runspeed "270"
    //seta g_weaponRespawn "5"
    //seta g_weaponTeamRespawn "30" //respawn time in seconds for team games
    seta dmflags "393228" // 8 (no falling damage) 16 (fixed FOV) 32 (no footsteps)

// Match Settings

//seta g_doWarmup "0"
    //seta g_warmup "20"

// Team Preferences
    //seta g_teamAutoJoin "1"
    seta g_teamForceBalance "1"

// seta g_friendlyFire "0"
    seta g_teamdamage "0" // FF on or Off 1 = on

// Voting
    seta g_allowVote "0"

// Master Servers
    seta sv_master1 "mohmaster.2015.com"
    seta sv_master2 "master0.gamespy.com"
    seta sv_master3 "master1.gamespy.com"
    seta sv_gamespy "1"

//set g_mef_settings "meltgun: on"

// Banned Players
    seta g_filterBan "1"

seta sv_maplist "dm/mohdm6"
    Map dm/mohdm6

//Reborn Patch Functions

set sv_antiwh "5"  // 6. Tweaked mode five 5.  Testing Better Accuracy Frame Prediction 4. Frame prediction 3. Bone Prediction  2. Hitbox A-WH ON  1.  Bone A-WH ON  0. Off 
    set sv_recoilemulation "1" // Turns off recoil emulation
    set sv_stufftextdetection "1" // Turns off buggy stufftext
    set sv_filterchat "0" // Doesn't filter chat
    set sv_antistwh "0" // Turns off anti-shoot through wall protection (it's a bit laggy)
    set sv_kickping "0" // Turns off autokick ping
    set sv_kickbadcmd "1"  // kicks players for trying to crash your servers
    set sv_banning "1"  // reads IP from text file
    set sv_floodProtect "1" // Keeps people from flooding
    set sv_maxconnperip "-1"  // Turns Feature OFF and lets multiple players from SAME IP connect
    set sv_sounddistance "8000" // Disables sound protection
    set g_teambalance "1"    // Doesn't force team balance
    set sv_disablechat "0"  // Doesn't disable chat
    set sv_updatedelay "168" // Checks for Reborn Updates every week
    set sv_packetantiflood "0" // Disables packet flood protection so that Autokick, Foresight, or CI still work.  Set it to 1 if you're under attack.

set sv_banning "1" //turns banning system on
    set sv_disabletaunt "1"

// set sv_updatetest "1" // Get latest experimental patch version
    // set g_scripttrace "1"  // DEBUGS MORE

//seta weapon_axisshotgun 0
    //seta weapon_alliedshotgun 0

//exec foresight.cfg

That's super strange. I haven't come across this issue before. It's as if something is "cached" or stored... I know you said you downloaded the files from mymohaa.tk, but can you try this maybe: https://www.x-null.net/forums/forums...th-3-5-1-Patch

Just download the one based on your server (if it's Windows or Linux)

You sound like you're pretty tech savvy and have good critical thinking skills, so I'm assuming I don't have to explain what to do, but in case it's unclear just extract the file you download to a new folder and try running it from that one instead of your default path. Obviously don't put any custom mods in or anything like that, just try and see if you can get it to run without that glitch.

I haven't seen that before, what's stranger is that not only is it a "visual" glitch but even the game is treating it like all clients have the same IP, which is odd because actually Reborn checks against that, so I have no idea how this is happening.

Also, I'm not sure if this is it, but try raising this value for seta sv_minPing "0" make it 1. If the min ping is set to 0, that basically means your machine is the host and you're playing on the same network. A ping will NEVER be 0 unless it's on a LAN. min ping should be greater than or equal to 1 in my opinion.

2nd thing I noticed, try setting sv_precache from 1 to 0.

Also your config seems to be pointing to old master moh servers? If you need to patch the files you can go here: http://mohreborn.com/

I hope one of these things help you out.

I just posted this for reference. I think people will find this helpful: https://www.x-null.net/forums/thread...-Documentation

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Are you behind NAT?

Could it be that all those players use the same Internet provider as you do and all of them are behind the same NAT, so all the traffic goes through one single public IP?

James- Thanks a lot for your helpful post. Will be following it and post the results soon.

Razor- Yes, I'm behind NAT. I suspected it could be causing this and was trying to educate myself about what it does exactly, I don't know in networking.
    Last edited by Enigma; October 3rd, 2018 at 01:05 AM.

Could it be that all those players use the same Internet provider as you do and all of them are behind the same NAT, so all the traffic goes through one single public IP?
    Interesting. This almost makes sense to me, because in fact yes most players are from the same country as me and we have one major ISP.
    But I said almost because I remember very well that my friends who are in different areas in Europe connected and they all had the same IP as the server too!
    This thing is truly crazy!

If you guys might want to see it for yourself & have the time to, I can post the server IP here.

I wouldn't have even thought it could be a NAT issue. I guess it makes sense, but even if they all use the same internet provider, every provider has to assign a unique public IP. And even when they're going through a NAT the IP is translated but all traffic is still going through the public IP.
    When you configure the NAT you use a set of rules to configure it. I feel like there would have to be a lot of "coincidence" for every single client to have the exact same setup as you have on your server...

EDIT:
    An IP address must always be unique in a certain way.
    As long as you stay within your private network, you will use private addresses, such as 192.168.11.14. Those have to be unique within your home network, but can (and will) be replicated millions of times across the globe. You router will not forward any packet with a private address to the internet.
    Outside your private range, IP addresses are strictly unique. You can have one IP address on multiple devices, as long as only one of them is active at a given time.
    Your home router will translate your unique public address into private addresses for the devices behind the wall; so to the internet user outside it looks as if all your devices have the same IP.