Thread: some game conditions

Default some game conditions

Hello guys , i wanted to make some edit in conditions and game play so i made a single thread with multiple simple questions ;
    - I tried to edited localization.txt and succeeded in editing some game messages , but i need to add some word conversions , that when i add to localization.txt they still not converted so i type a word , it converts into another word and these stuff what file should i edit for that
    - The ultimate max for sv_clients is 64 , whenever i change it to a greater number it doesnt respond , how can i edit it to enable a greater number
    - what is the script that i can add to .scr file and exec it from the precache that satisfies having a constant messages and i will edit its location and colour
    - if i want to exec a certain give script , which gives player a certain set of weapons in a certain map , do i have to add the exec command to the specified map.scr ? also to set fraglimit because the ffa score becomes in obj score and it becomes a mess there .. Thank you in advance ^^
    Last edited by demonkirolos; September 23rd, 2018 at 03:09 PM.

- I tried to edited localization.txt and succeeded in editing some game messages , but i need to add some word conversions , that when i add to localization.txt they still not converted so i type a word , it converts into another word and these stuff what file should i edit for that
    If I remember well it was done like that:
    Code:
    // My messages

{ "noob" "greatplayer" }
    { "Idiot" "I'm stupid!" }
    { "Fu*k!" "Quack!" }
    - The ultimate max for sv_clients is 64 , whenever i change it to a greater number it doesnt respond , how can i edit it to enable a greater number
    Try sv_maxclients.

- what is the script that i can add to .scr file and exec it from the precache that satisfies having a constant messages and i will edit its location and colour
    Code:
    main:
    while(1)
    {
    wait 15 // amount of time between mesagges in seconds.
    stuffsrv "say Welcome to the server" //console messages - that one works only if your server have reborn patch installed.
    wait 15
    iprintln "Welcome to the server" // white messages under compass
    wait 15
    iprintlnbold "Welcome to the server" //Yellow messages under compass.
    wait45
    }
    end
    Save above as msg.scr and put in your global folder. Then exec it in DMprecahce.scr in global by adding at the end of file line: exec global/msg.scr

Also to set fraglimit because the ffa score becomes in obj score and it becomes a mess there .. Thank you in advance ^^
    The easiest way would be to download Mefy's Freeze-Tag and use it to set your map rotation to desired look.

Code:
    //Gametypes, rotation, Freeze-Tag

set g_mef_settings "fraglimit:"6" roundlimit:"6"  timelimit: "0" "
    set g_ffa_settings "fraglimit:"80"  timelimit:"0" "
    set g_obj_settings  "fraglimit:"6" roundlimit:"6"  timelimit:"0" suddendeath:"1" "

set g_extgametype_mohdm6 ffa
    set g_extgametype_obj_team2 obj
    set g_extgametype_obj_team4 obj

set g_gametype "1"
    set g_extgametype ""

seta sv_maplist "dm/mohdm6 obj/obj_team2 obj/obj_team4 "
    map dm/mohdm6
    Last edited by Criminal; September 23rd, 2018 at 04:13 PM.

if sv_maxclients is set to whatever greater than 64 its taken down to 64 again :'( that's the points so i wanted to know what exactly in the game causes this + these conversions of noob and whatver things i wanted to know where to add them as when i add them to a localisation.txt and put it in main/global it doesnt have any effects but i can edit game words very well like changing allies , axis , press fire to join and these things but to add a new things that didnt succeed , the messages written in the script have constant place i meant those i can toggle there location and colour and well that game type part is so great and works thank you ^^ but what i still cant figure out is : a script that i can add to a map screen saver to give player certain wep set on certain maps / where i shud put the conversions of words for example noob = great player / the client problem :'( because game default is 64 i couldnt change that to more / and some message script that togle colour and location
    Last edited by demonkirolos; September 24th, 2018 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by demonkirolos View Post
    if sv_maxclients is set to whatever greater than 64 its taken down to 64 again :'(
    Is because the game cant handle more than 64 players so he reset to default.

Why you whant the server with more than 64? The server stars to lag alot when you get 25 players.

If he gets 64 will be almost impossible to play.

where i shud put the conversions of words for example noob = great player / the client problem :'(
    On the localization.txt file.

a script that i can add to a map screen saver to give player certain wep set on certain maps
    Theres weapons limiters they can do that, i cant remember one.

some message script that togle colour and location
    On the forum theres a messague center mod made by Purpule.
    Search on the forum.

Yup MAX_CLIENTS is hard coded to 64 in the game.

that's okay thanks
    Last edited by demonkirolos; September 28th, 2018 at 08:58 AM.