Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: object visible through walls ?

Default object visible through walls ?

hi guys, is there a serverside way to make a spawned object visible through walls?
    Or maybe you know how to fix the moving objectives on the compass in AA?
    Thanks a lot for you thoughts!

Can you enable depthtest serverside? If so, then the answer to your question is yes.

I cant at this moment but if i could, wouldn't my stock object need a corresponding update, clientside? Btw didn't you mean "disable" depthtest?

You're right, sorry. I meant disable depth test. I'm not sure of a way to do it serverside, but I can't imagine it being impossible to do. It just seems like one of those things that should be able to get done...
    In fact, now that I think about it, Ley0k made that zombie mod and when you were turned into a zombie you were able to see the enemy through a wall. Although I'm not sure if his mod was strictly serverside or clientside as well.
    @Ley0k??

I believe he said it was client and a server wrapper.
    Not a bad idea, we have players who join our obj-server which has TDM maps with objectives and some players cant find the bomb when it gets turn on.

If you use the mapdesc.scr from mefy freezetag you can show the location to the players where is the bomb located.

I use that for my bomb mod.

That's actually what im trying to avoid, i want to make a visual sign of location.
    Im sure also taht it can be made as i have a sp to mp map that renders the minen panels over everything else.

Can you decompile the map and see how it was done? You can try using this decompiler: https://www.x-null.net/forums/thread...urce-for-MOHAA

you can use the huddraw_3d utility that Ley0k made time ago

James thanks for your help, it's a stock m5l2b map where these panels have been added by script, but unfortunately i tested quickly again and they look normal now. i'll test again without Reborn and with some other dll's and exe's that could have been part of my game when i first observed the phenomenon. I'll let you know if i get some results.

Code:

exec global/minefield.scr::minefield_setup

local.MineSign[1] = ( -951 -634 -61 )::( 1 ) 
    	local.MineSign[2] =  ( -3166 -737 -14 )::( 1 ) 
    	local.MineSign[3] =  ( -2884 -686 28 )::( 1 ) 
    	local.MineSign[4] =  ( -7178 -2017 -129 )::( 1 ) 
    	local.MineSign[5] =  ( -7502 -2064 -139 )::( 1 ) 
    	local.MineSign[6] = ( -1745 -634 -64 )::( 1 )
    	local.MineSign[7] =  ( 2569 -6073 -148 )::( 1 )
    	local.MineSign[8] =  ( -7408 -15 -11 )::( 2 ) 
    	local.MineSign[9] =  ( -6752 295 24 )::( 3 ) 
    	local.MineSign[10] =  ( -6136 347 -15 )::( 3 ) 
    	local.MineSign[11] =  ( -5061 347 -23 )::( 3 ) 
    	local.MineSign[12] =  ( 1082 6095 -255 )::( 3 )

local.hieght = 17
    	local.width = 20

local.posts[1] = local.width - 3
    	local.posts[2] = local.width - local.posts[1]
    	local.posts[3] = 1

local.direction[1] = ( 0 0 local.hieght )::( -(local.width) 0 local.hieght )		//north - south
    	local.direction[2] = ( 0 0 local.hieght )::( 0 (local.width) local.hieght )		//east - west
    	local.direction[3] = ( 0 0 local.hieght )::( (local.width) 0 local.hieght )		//south - north

local.steak1[1] = ( -(local.posts[2]) -(local.posts[3]) 0 )::( -(local.posts[2]) -(local.posts[3]) local.hieght )	//north - south
    	local.steak2[1] = ( -(local.posts[1]) -(local.posts[3]) 0 )::( -(local.posts[1]) -(local.posts[3]) local.hieght )	//north - south
    	local.steak1[2] = ( -(local.posts[3]) local.posts[2] 0 )::( -(local.posts[3]) local.posts[2] local.hieght )		//east - west
    	local.steak2[2] = ( -(local.posts[3]) local.posts[1] 0 )::( -(local.posts[3]) local.posts[1] local.hieght )		//east - west
    	local.steak1[3] = ( (local.posts[2]) (local.posts[3]) 0 )::( (local.posts[2]) (local.posts[3]) local.hieght )		//south - north
    	local.steak2[3] = ( (local.posts[1]) (local.posts[3]) 0 )::( (local.posts[1]) (local.posts[3]) local.hieght )		//south - north

for(local.i=1;local.i<=local.MineSign.size;local.i++)
    		{
    		local.avatar[local.i] = spawn func_beam 
    		local.avatar[local.i] shader textures/german/minen.jpg 
    		local.avatar[local.i].origin = (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.direction[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][1])
    		local.avatar[local.i] endpoint (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.direction[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][2])
    		local.stick1[local.i] = spawn func_beam
    		local.stick1[local.i] shader textures/german/minen_post.jpg 
    		local.stick1[local.i].origin = (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.steak1[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][1])
    		local.stick1[local.i] endpoint (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.steak1[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][2])
    		local.stick2[local.i] = spawn func_beam
    		local.stick2[local.i] shader textures/german/minen_post.jpg 
    		local.stick2[local.i].origin = (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.steak2[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][1])
    		local.stick2[local.i] endpoint (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.steak2[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][2])
    		}

for(local.i=1;local.i<=local.avatar.size;local.i++)
    		{
    		local.avatar[local.i] color ( 1.0 1.0 1.0 )
    		local.stick1[local.i] color ( 1.0 1.0 1.0 )
    		local.stick2[local.i] color ( 1.0 1.0 1.0 )
    		local.avatar[local.i] scale 6
    		local.stick1[local.i] scale 1
    		local.stick2[local.i] scale 1
    		local.avatar[local.i] numsegments 1
    		local.stick1[local.i] numsegments 1
    		local.stick2[local.i] numsegments 1
    		local.avatar[local.i] doactivate
    		local.stick1[local.i] doactivate
    		local.stick2[local.i] doactivate
    		}

end
    Thanks a lot Zappa too for the beautiful link. I'm trying to run the script but still have to understand why i get sin and cos unknown command messages while running latest Reborn.