Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: object visible through walls ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Order View Post
    James thanks for your help, it's a stock m5l2b map where these panels have been added by script, but unfortunately i tested quickly again and they look normal now. i'll test again without Reborn and with some other dll's and exe's that could have been part of my game when i first observed the phenomenon. I'll let you know if i get some results.

Code:

exec global/minefield.scr::minefield_setup

local.MineSign[1] = ( -951 -634 -61 )::( 1 ) 
    	local.MineSign[2] =  ( -3166 -737 -14 )::( 1 ) 
    	local.MineSign[3] =  ( -2884 -686 28 )::( 1 ) 
    	local.MineSign[4] =  ( -7178 -2017 -129 )::( 1 ) 
    	local.MineSign[5] =  ( -7502 -2064 -139 )::( 1 ) 
    	local.MineSign[6] = ( -1745 -634 -64 )::( 1 )
    	local.MineSign[7] =  ( 2569 -6073 -148 )::( 1 )
    	local.MineSign[8] =  ( -7408 -15 -11 )::( 2 ) 
    	local.MineSign[9] =  ( -6752 295 24 )::( 3 ) 
    	local.MineSign[10] =  ( -6136 347 -15 )::( 3 ) 
    	local.MineSign[11] =  ( -5061 347 -23 )::( 3 ) 
    	local.MineSign[12] =  ( 1082 6095 -255 )::( 3 )

local.hieght = 17
    	local.width = 20

local.posts[1] = local.width - 3
    	local.posts[2] = local.width - local.posts[1]
    	local.posts[3] = 1

local.direction[1] = ( 0 0 local.hieght )::( -(local.width) 0 local.hieght )		//north - south
    	local.direction[2] = ( 0 0 local.hieght )::( 0 (local.width) local.hieght )		//east - west
    	local.direction[3] = ( 0 0 local.hieght )::( (local.width) 0 local.hieght )		//south - north

local.steak1[1] = ( -(local.posts[2]) -(local.posts[3]) 0 )::( -(local.posts[2]) -(local.posts[3]) local.hieght )	//north - south
    	local.steak2[1] = ( -(local.posts[1]) -(local.posts[3]) 0 )::( -(local.posts[1]) -(local.posts[3]) local.hieght )	//north - south
    	local.steak1[2] = ( -(local.posts[3]) local.posts[2] 0 )::( -(local.posts[3]) local.posts[2] local.hieght )		//east - west
    	local.steak2[2] = ( -(local.posts[3]) local.posts[1] 0 )::( -(local.posts[3]) local.posts[1] local.hieght )		//east - west
    	local.steak1[3] = ( (local.posts[2]) (local.posts[3]) 0 )::( (local.posts[2]) (local.posts[3]) local.hieght )		//south - north
    	local.steak2[3] = ( (local.posts[1]) (local.posts[3]) 0 )::( (local.posts[1]) (local.posts[3]) local.hieght )		//south - north

for(local.i=1;local.i<=local.MineSign.size;local.i++)
    		{
    		local.avatar[local.i] = spawn func_beam 
    		local.avatar[local.i] shader textures/german/minen.jpg 
    		local.avatar[local.i].origin = (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.direction[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][1])
    		local.avatar[local.i] endpoint (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.direction[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][2])
    		local.stick1[local.i] = spawn func_beam
    		local.stick1[local.i] shader textures/german/minen_post.jpg 
    		local.stick1[local.i].origin = (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.steak1[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][1])
    		local.stick1[local.i] endpoint (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.steak1[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][2])
    		local.stick2[local.i] = spawn func_beam
    		local.stick2[local.i] shader textures/german/minen_post.jpg 
    		local.stick2[local.i].origin = (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.steak2[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][1])
    		local.stick2[local.i] endpoint (local.MineSign[local.i][1] + local.steak2[(local.MineSign[local.i][2])][2])
    		}

for(local.i=1;local.i<=local.avatar.size;local.i++)
    		{
    		local.avatar[local.i] color ( 1.0 1.0 1.0 )
    		local.stick1[local.i] color ( 1.0 1.0 1.0 )
    		local.stick2[local.i] color ( 1.0 1.0 1.0 )
    		local.avatar[local.i] scale 6
    		local.stick1[local.i] scale 1
    		local.stick2[local.i] scale 1
    		local.avatar[local.i] numsegments 1
    		local.stick1[local.i] numsegments 1
    		local.stick2[local.i] numsegments 1
    		local.avatar[local.i] doactivate
    		local.stick1[local.i] doactivate
    		local.stick2[local.i] doactivate
    		}

end
    Thanks a lot Zappa too for the beautiful link. I'm trying to run the script but still have to understand why i get sin and cos unknown command messages while running latest Reborn.
    The mod is missing the maths.scr script maybe thats why you have that unknown command error.

I will later post the last updated script.

And i think could be possible to put a shader on the map on the wall or ground like the conter-strike to show the place of the bomb.

The script put on the global folder:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleKill View Post
    The script put on the global folder:
    ryback also posted the fix in the original thread https://www.x-null.net/forums/threads/1782-huddraw_3d-utility?p=22804&viewfull=1#post22804
    you just have to replace a few lines in the script

@Ancient
    here is an example of how to use the huddraw mod to mark the bomb in "The Crossroads" map
    i recommend you to call the script from the connected or spawn event

local.player thread global/huddraw_3d.scr::add3dpoint 88 ( 0 -150 70 ) NIL NIL "textures/hud/item_explosive";

and here is the result

you can also use text instead of a shader

Ah thanx guys, cool to know it can work and well! I started to get some results that i still have to make more appropriate
    Also thanx for the link Double, i started with hardcoded PI value and thought Reborn had the sin and cos functions working as stated in the new script command thread.