Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spearhead

Calm your tities both of ya.
    You're getting out of topic anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    There's no reborn for sh, but there's daven's fixes which are like the reborn alternative for sh.
    http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...n-davens-fixes

in the old server fixes folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by beroo View Post
    Hi hazor

i'm not good on spearhead server as same as MOH:AA But i will tell u about the basic things u should to do it

I'd answer you about ur second question firstly !
    There isn't reborn patch in spearhead (in my knowledge untill now there isn't reborn patch for spearhead u can see more info about reborn patch here https://x-null.net/MOH2/ )

Secondly :- How u can create MOH:SH server ?
    1- u need open the game's ports in ur Router http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...haa-game-ports (u can skip GameSpy port's it no longer works now )

2- Create ur server.cfg file to put ur setting in ur server via this link https://www.x-null.net/forums/thread...Config-Example

3- Run moh_spearhead_server.exe and type [exec server.cfg] that's will make ur server on

4- u have two choice to enter into the server 1- by lan connection 2- or ur IP Address u can find ur ip from here https://whatismyipaddress.com/

Note:- If u closed Moh_spearhead_server.exe the server will close.

If u faced any problem post it here
    ok i've done this and i lunch the server it works fine without problems

i would like to test how to kick or ban players, so what commands should i type in console?

Calm your tities.
    Me I always liked those small angry tities

Alright, let's get back on topic.

Let me summarize this for you Hazor.

If you want to have a server, you should ask yourself 2 basic questions...
    1. Do you want to have a dedicated server that runs 24/7?
    2. Do you want a server that you launch from your machine every now and then for fun to play with some friends, and after your match you close the game out?

If you answered "yes" to the first question, then I would recommend have a dedicated paid server as Der Fuhrer recommended. This way it alleviates a lot of hassle for you in terms of dealing with maintenance as well as the fact that you have much more resources and bandwidth to your disposal; which will give you a better game play experience overall. To further explain this, a dedicated server will have much faster internet speeds than any residential user would have. The faster bandwidth you have the more throughput you can have, and generally you get much lower latency which is always a good thing. Aside from that you have dedicated memory and CPU resources just for your needs so you don't need to worry about anything. Also as I mentioned, you don't have to worry about any maintenance because that is generally covered by the host. So if something breaks or doesn't work, you can just contact them and they should be able to get it up and running for you.

Now if you answered "yes" to question 2, then you can simply launch it from your client, or setup a server.cfg file with all the settings and run the dedicated exe from your machine. Generally you would need to open TCP and UDP ports 12203 - 12206 on your hardware firewall (if you have one).

The forums have a surplus of examples and even though these forums are mainly for MOHAA, Spearhead isn't too different in the way the game is configured.

As far as banning and kicking a user; you would need a mod of some sort to ban users by IP, or to kick a user you can kick by name or client #.

There's no reborn for sh, but there's daven's fixes which are like the reborn alternative for sh.
    http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...n-davens-fixes

in the old server fixes folder.
    ok i downloaded to my server, but there is a Problem

the command that used for ban a player doesn't work

In Readme.txt

Server command "sv [command]" (Eg.: sv addip 1.2.3.4)
    - addip [ip address]: Adds a single IP or IP mask to the
    banned list
    - removeip [ip address]: Removes a single IP or IP mask from
    the banned list
    - writeip: Saves banned ips to mainta/listip.cfg
    - listip: Lists banned ips to the console

Default marhaban Hazor, el' afo !

Glad to see someone with interest in running a mohaa server, especially a spearhead one as there doesn't seem to be too many of those left. I'd love to see those 'reborn' Actually, isn't there some work underway to run AA/SH/BT from one instance? Not sure I remember that right as I've been focused on 3d printers for a while

Hazor, The advice you are getting above is good.

If you really want to learn the internals of the game, get a vanilla VPS from some hosting provider and install spearhead from the ground up. This will be a fairly big learning curve if you are not IT-savvy, but you will understand many things later more easily (mods, etc.) if you do it this way. We can help you with this, but it is not something you'd have up and running in just a few days most likely.

If your objective is just to get a machine up to play around with for yourself and one or two friends, then just get a spearhead server set up on your own home computer. The biggest problem with this is you really should have a symmetric high-speed connection to the internet and a static IP address. It is not common to get those for a residential computer. We can help you with this too.

If your objective is to get a machine up quickly for a fair number of people to play on - go get a server from a hosting provider that is explicitly set up for mohaa already. Gametracker is one example as mentioned above. This will save you a huge amount of time, and your users/players will be happier. This is probably the quickest and easiest way to get what you are looking for. The only downside is, many of the things you will probably want to know later - are largely hidden and inaccessible from you because of the hosting providers architecture. Most assistance for this scenario is provided by the hosting provider, but we're always here to be a resource!

So - rather than us just trying to answer every possible scenario, can you let us know which of the three options above you want to pursue, and then maybe we can provide some directions or links to same?

wadaeaan fi misr

Todesengel
    Last edited by Todesengel; September 6th, 2018 at 12:30 PM. Reason: remove retort to 'small angry .......'

As far as I can tell the ban command does not work in games with Übertools, and probably in other id-tech 3 based games as well.
    Because the default code is not working. If the developers of a game have fixed it it will be working.
    But they probably assumed this is a default feature we don't need to touch that, it is working fine.

Hazor, try lauching the jar thru a cmd console:
    cd directory/of/jar
    java -jar LeBan.jar
    It will display the error that will probably say it ndeds the path in your "PATH" environment variable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Order View Post
    Hazor, try lauching the jar thru a cmd console:
    cd directory/of/jar
    java -jar LeBan.jar
    It will display the error that will probably say it ndeds the path in your "PATH" environment variable.
    the problem was that i had installed java RE 64bit, not 32bit. it's working fine now