Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Regarding anticheat's future.....

When you come back I'll have already finished opm and u won't need to look at assembly ever again

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Fingers crossed (But I also have plans for other games :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    I have to figure out where and why Windows Reborn version leaks and corrupts memory, which is super time consuming (I've already spent around 16 hours starring at dissasembly and stuff..)
    VS and Global Flags will surely help My guess is that it could be related to these str functions being called from C code to allocate memory without freeing.

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    When you come back I'll have already finished opm and u won't need to look at assembly ever again
    You're almost done with the Actor class, and soon with the Vehicle class

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

For now it crashes during map changes and when I disable hooking of script engine everything works fine, so I suspect that it possibly has to do with the fact that we rewrite and reallocate memory in DLLMain (to be able to extend the list of registered events), which is not recommended. Maybe something changed on Windows 10, I didn't test it on Win7 or XP but I might need to move that code to some function before G_Init and after LoadLibrary for gamex86. The problem with tracking where the problem is, is that AcLayer (Windows compatibility layer) hooks LoadLibrary and FreeLibrary and adds some logic to them, and going through those hooked implementations they return to invalid memory address, and I have no idea why, but I'm positive that we are not safe somewhere and AcLayer messes things up even more adding own hooks to those methods.

And regarding memory leak - yes it can be caused because of that. I believe that strings were created on stack, so compiler knew to free them on function exit, and when they were passed to Event result, they were copied so RAII wouldn't be broken. We allocate mem on stack as well, but when we assign C string (c_str) to the str object - we do this on heap (malloc), compiler has no idea that it should also call class destructor before cleaning up the stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Fingers crossed (But I also have plans for other games :P)
    Indeed. But i doubt you contributed in any of those games as much as mohaa