Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding anticheat's future.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips {sfx} View Post
    maybe its a good idea that the TRUSTED people with knowledge start a private forum, and they can share the bugs etc in alphamac, and when they find some time they can reply on eachother.... now nothing happens and than maybe just a little bit helps, but when u help someone true a little problem it can open alot of possibilitys again.... and u guys know.... bros before hos!
    That already exists.
    It's more about effort than issues. I'm not going to fix current one and any contributions from now on will be to create a new one. Hence the need for other devs with me.

My thoughts on your post, I'm not saying you are wrong, but just want to point some things out, I have learned over the few years coming here, woest thing was when TMT went down, there was a ton of information lost when that happened.
    I saw you were new and was interested in starting up a good server, so I helped with what I could. And you are right about the really smart guys not posting any more, some have good reason, some who knows, but here is just a few things I want to point out.

In the USA there is 167 server's and only 3 or 4 that ever has players on it, that's why I don't play mohaa anymore. I got tired of wasting money keeping a server up and running, as far as nobody answering posts most of them are working on the mohue thing, which is a good thing I guess, if they can incorporate the hack fixes in it that EA was to lazy to fix. As far as anti cheat, I always felt the best anti cheat is good server admins, you will never stop cheaters and hackers, never, so why waste time on stuff that will not replace a good server admin. There is reborn anti cheat hacks out there now, as soon as someone finds away to stop something someone else will find away around it. Every anti cheat program that has been made has been bypassed. You can barely get players to down load custom maps, why do you think they will download a client side anti cheat?
    The game is too old, everyone wants to play the newer games, don't get me wrong Mohaa is the first game I ever played online, and the only one I really like, I don't have to have a 10 year old's fingers to play it all the new games, you need way too many keys to play good, and my old ass fingers just can't keep up.

he will find this solutions by himself if he searched it on websites
    I stop in here from time to time to see what's happening and if I see something I can help with then I do, the only post I refuse to answer even if I know the answer is the ones that have been asked 50 times already and the person asking has asked before and got a answer. There is people asking the same questions, that's been on the forums for a few years now and not even trying to learn how to do things on their own (or searching the forums), they don't want help they just want you to make their mods for them so I can't blame anyone for not answering some of the posts. I remember a post where a person want help with their mod, and when I ask him to post it so I could check it to see why it didn't work tell me " I can't it's a private mod" lol

we all have life and we all busy
    Dude, I for one am 62 years old and while I don't work anymore, I still don't want to waste what time I have left to write scripts for people who doesn't really care enough to at the least try to figure shit out for themselves, so I can see why the other modders here don't answer some of the posts, most of them have already been answered, and you need to ask your question the right way, I learned a lot by asking about the "if" statement it was explained to me in away that I understood, and just that alone helped me to figure out a ton of stuff when making a script. I didn't say "help me make a script" I ask "how does this work". I copied a lot of different scripts and saved them so I could go back and see if I could change them into something I wanted to do, instead of what they were made for, that's how you learn.
    Last edited by easymeat; August 25th, 2018 at 04:54 AM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by easymeat View Post
    My thoughts on your post, I'm not saying you are wrong, but just want to point some things out, I have learned over the few years coming here, woest thing was when TMT went down, there was a ton of information lost when that happened.
    I saw you were new and was interested in starting up a good server, so I helped with what I could. And you are right about the really smart guys not posting any more, some have good reason, some who knows, but here is just a few things I want to point out.
    My words are not limited to the smart guys not post or reply about topics here i would to say there is no longer any innovations about new and great mods anymore from very long time ago i'm just asking why u stoped doing that when i was doing my own server the mods i'm using it it could have been a long time ago i'm using mod called "ip2co this mod is very awesome i like it but when u see the links or date when this mod created it was from 2012 " i'm mentioned this mod for example and there is good mod too the devlopers of xnull did it but i'm in belive we/you can do more in this game.

In the USA there is 167 server's and only 3 or 4 that ever has players on it, that's why I don't play mohaa anymore. I got tired of wasting money keeping a server up and running, as far as nobody answering posts most of them are working on the mohue thing, which is a good thing I guess, if they can incorporate the hack fixes in it that EA was to lazy to fix. As far as anti cheat, I always felt the best anti cheat is good server admins, you will never stop cheaters and hackers, never, so why waste time on stuff that will not replace a good server admin. There is reborn anti cheat hacks out there now, as soon as someone finds away to stop something someone else will find away around it. Every anti cheat program that has been made has been bypassed. You can barely get players to down load custom maps, why do you think they will download a client side anti cheat?
    The game is too old, everyone wants to play the newer games, don't get me wrong Mohaa is the first game I ever played online, and the only one I really like, I don't have to have a 10 year old's fingers to play it all the new games, you need way too many keys to play good, and my old ass fingers just can't keep up.
    Good answering. i don't want to say that but is this the correct time to say that
    there is scandals in some of servers right now i'll not mention any name of server but i'm very dissatisfied from Server Management right now and this is the reason which make me think to create my own server. i don't want to say more than that but i will give u example tell Shadow to change his name and play in any server and tell me how much time he will get ban and all pro/old players faced that all have problems with admins there. do u know what is meaning when u get ban while u are Running AlphaMAC i was recorded that once for CL not server admin do u know there is server have admin can insult you and if u opened ur mouth he will ban u and can type the resone for kick or ban (go to Mother ****** wallhacker/aimboter) and u explain to him i was clean and he just don't want u in his server cuz u are killing him too much

AlphaMAC cut them tongue like u are saying to admin don't talking with me again i'm clean and for this reason he can't banned u
    where is the good admins u are talking about i like Clan like #WoV coz there was didn't allow any 1 joing them server without opened AlphaMAC and this is prove for all who in server this guy is clean don't accuse him he is cheating think what gonna happened if AlphaMAC gone do u know what is this meaning "the admins will lose the trust of from pro players if this guy is clean or no and i will see more scandals about that again.
    there is players right know recording live screen PC when he joins at every time in servers like (reverse but now he is using AlphaMAC , Hardcore still recording videos to prove he was clean)

I stop in here from time to time to see what's happening and if I see something I can help with then I do, the only post I refuse to answer even if I know the answer is the ones that have been asked 50 times already and the person asking has asked before and got a answer. There is people asking the same questions, that's been on the forums for a few years now and not even trying to learn how to do things on their own (or searching the forums), they don't want help they just want you to make their mods for them so I can't blame anyone for not answering some of the posts. I remember a post where a person want help with their mod, and when I ask him to post it so I could check it to see why it didn't work tell me " I can't it's a private mod" lol.

Dude, I for one am 62 years old and while I don't work anymore, I still don't want to waste what time I have left to write scripts for people who doesn't really care enough to at the least try to figure shit out for themselves, so I can see why the other modders here don't answer some of the posts, most of them have already been answered, and you need to ask your question the right way, I learned a lot by asking about the "if" statement it was explained to me in away that I understood, and just that alone helped me to figure out a ton of stuff when making a script. I didn't say "help me make a script" I ask "how does this work". I copied a lot of different scripts and saved them so I could go back and see if I could change them into something I wanted to do, instead of what they were made for, that's how you learn.
    It is very regrettable when u want to do things or put mod in ur server and searching for explained and get there is mods put where is the explanations of this mod there is mods in MOHAAAA community and when i was work in my server there is mods but i can't know how to use it coz the explanation about this mods in links like (www.mods-r-us.net - www.modtheater.com i don't know the other links but what i want to say this links are dead right now and someone like me is new person in modding how i will know that without asking u here ) i know u answered that before and how i'll know u answerd about this question without mentioning to me the old topic .
    how i will know the subject title here and this post talking about what i want.
    i'm agree with u about if there is someone want from us to do his work instead of him or someone wants the things ready to work with him without he do nothing but or someone wants the things ready. he should try by himself first and if he failed then ask here and tell us what he did to give him another solutions.
    and there isn't private mod here even if u who created it cuz i'm trust everyone here and if u will haven't trust who u asked him to help u how he will do that. and if u don't want to share something u should don't ask for help cuz u who create it this is game and we are using mods not robots and there isn't competition for who is the best modder or u will win prize for patented.
    Last edited by beroo; August 26th, 2018 at 02:17 AM.
    Greetings :-{[T_P]}- BeroO -{[CF]}-
    the-pharaohs.enjin.com

Well everyon is busy, but we all also have our strengths and weaknesses. When I can confidently answer someones question, I will definitely reply, but if I'm unsure, I'll leave it for someone else more experienced to answer.

There are several users on these forums that are quite experienced in scr scripting, however when it comes to programming we are somewhat limited with our resources.

RR as been busy, but he has also been trying to clean up the code from several years back and we're looking at getting it to a regular maintenance mode so we can make updates easier.

Ley0k is busy with the unreal MOH project.
    Elgan has been away as well as a few other devs we've had around like Sor, armageddon, Joto, etc...
    Ryback is also busy with school
    Tode is busy with his stuff
    I'm busy as well...

I think we try to help out as much as we could, but right now any project that consists of reverse engineering a game engine or making an AC is extremely tedious and time consuming. It's much easier to say than do.

We all used to have much more time. When I first launched this site I was in highschool or college. I had much more time on my hands. Now I have a full time job and sometimes it requires me to work overtime. I also am in a relationship and want to spend time with my significant other. Outside of that, I enjoy doing stuff on the side. I'm trying to learn c# right now and working on a business idea I have.

Unfortunately; I hate to say this; I know this game is important to a lot of users, but there are just some things in life that take priority over our hobbies that we do on the side.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

I for one know I don't have the time to spend on mohaa as I used to, I have a high stress project at work that means I work 10+ hours a day plus 2 hours travelling every day, and a wedding to plan so for the moment, I have absolutely no time to work on any of my personal projects, let alone get to play mohaa.
    This site has, and always will be, run and managed by the community and people who volunteer their time, and with that means that there will be times when activity is very low, but people do move on in life. While it is good to see some new devs coming along and willing to spend their time here, some of us just are too busy.
    I hope that when RR has the time to sort out the code base, that I will have the time to get back into coding for mohaa, but I know I won't have time until after my wedding, the Mrs will kill me if I spend my spare time on the computer lol.

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

lol like marriage is more important than mohaa... u married mohaa long time ago....

I'm still completely absorbed in the time-sink that is learning 3d printing, FreeCAD, etc. But I still play mohaa (usually 4+ hours a day 7 days a week) and take care of my own server. Just very little time for development on mohaa these days but I am confident that will change at some point. SQUIRREL!

I did a fair chunk of windows programming in a former life, but that was literally decades ago. Most of my career has been development in the *nix environments (particularly FreeBSD) so Windows coding is no longer my forte. I'd be happy to help with reborn patch compiling/testing/fixing on unix of course.

I say this with some hesitation/trepidation, but if Ryback could provide a VM image (my hosting company's infrastructure is all moving from xenserver to xen-ng) that is a clean code repository and build environment... something where I can just edit/add/remove code and 'hit one button to compile' without having to learn the intricacies of the windows build ecosystem or some IDE (my IDE is vi demmit) there is a chance I could help code and move forward. Once I look at it I could probably tell if I can help. It has been a good while since I looked at the source code for Alphamac though... get me a clean vm compile environment and I'll see if I can muddle through the redmond virus stuff *grin*

Tode

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips {sfx} View Post
    lol like marriage is more important than mohaa... u married mohaa long time ago....
    I'm married to this beautiful girl, my one and only true love <3 <3

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...nd-color=black

Quote Originally Posted by RyBack View Post
    I'm married to this beautiful girl, my one and only true love <3 <3

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.n...nd-color=black
    That's Manon! Manon Batiste!
    You lucky dog you!

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Elephant1au View Post
    I for one know I don't have the time to spend on mohaa as I used to, I have a high stress project at work that means I work 10+ hours a day plus 2 hours travelling every day, and a wedding to plan so for the moment, I have absolutely no time to work on any of my personal projects, let alone get to play mohaa.
    This site has, and always will be, run and managed by the community and people who volunteer their time, and with that means that there will be times when activity is very low, but people do move on in life. While it is good to see some new devs coming along and willing to spend their time here, some of us just are too busy.
    I hope that when RR has the time to sort out the code base, that I will have the time to get back into coding for mohaa, but I know I won't have time until after my wedding, the Mrs will kill me if I spend my spare time on the computer lol.
    Well, I'm on the same path But I already married in last 4 years and now I'm finishing my masters degree + same situation at work. I'm a dev team leader and coordinate stuff for 7+ group of people on 3 different projects. Lately I don't even have time to code at work lol :P Same stuff with overtime etc. so yeah... Once I finish my masters I get back to MoH:AA. I have to figure out where and why Windows Reborn version leaks and corrupts memory, which is super time consuming (I've already spent around 16 hours starring at dissasembly and stuff..)