Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decompiler in C# with source for MOHAA

Default Decompiler in C# with source for MOHAA

In my old community we had only a single compiler that could decompile STEF2 maps.
    And it was a bit buggy, so I wrote the developer a Email and got a reply.
    Recently this decompiler was updated to also decompile MOHAA maps correctly, so I thought I share it here.
    I can't tell if there are any bugs left, as I don't really map in MOHAA.

https://github.com/wfowler1?tab=repositories
    (removed attachment use github link)
    Last edited by chrissstrahl; July 15th, 2018 at 06:24 AM.

Well, it's much better than the one I use, that's for sure.

This one keeps caulk, no draw, and other utility textured brushes (e.g. triggers and clips) as well as normal brushes in tact.

Still no static models and all brushes converted to structural but this is miles better!

Thanks for this!

Edit: seems some maps get a "Brace mismatch when parsing entities" and fails.

Edit2: Oh, and it doesn't like LOD terrain and masked textures get changed to skip. But I'm still going to use it for sure.
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; July 14th, 2018 at 07:03 AM.

I agree, this is a very precise and well done decompiler.
    The code speaks for it self, and it is open source on top of that.
    The creator is NOT arrogant or self-important, that is also a rare thing I have come to learn.
    So I give feedback and try to help out where ever I can to support him with his project.

Can you tell me the maps (in pm please)
    Edit: seems some maps get a "Brace mismatch when parsing entities" and fails.
    Can you provide me more details or the maps (in pm please)
    The issue with terrains is known, the problem here is that there is no documentation how the terrain is stored in a bsp...
    Edit2: Oh, and it doesn't like LOD terrain and masked textures get changed to skip. But I'm still going to use it for sure.

Thanks for the share. I remember I used a decompiler ages ago. It was called bsp2map but then there was another one called something like mohbsp2map. You linked github in your original post, but do you know the direct link to his page on github?

Thats odd, I thought I did put in his repository, very strange, fixed it.

Sent you a PM!

Yeah, I used mohbsptomohmap.

Funnily enough, with the use of this new one keeping the brushes pretty much intact and mohbsptomohmap which gives you the LOD terrain, you will be able to get a very stable .MAP

Weird about the static models though.

out best decompiler right now is openmohaa.

what exactly is wrong with the static models ?
    I'll have to look at openmohaa

btw, static models need no decompilation. They're in bsp file as raw text format. Just like the .map file afaik.

They aren't present in the map when it's decompiled. In fact, I think with this decompiler their collision map remains but not the model itself. Like RyBack said they are stored as plain text. I used to load a .bsp up in Notepad and count them to see how many are used in the largest levels.