Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Decompiler in C# with source for MOHAA

Quote Originally Posted by MofoMan2000 View Post
    I didn't even realize patches could be used in entities other than the world.
    I know I have mentioned it to you, with the map m3l1a in ef2 the transporter room control panel was just one of the numerous examples of entity patches.

But that was back then when you where busy with other things, so it might got lost, or you made a assumption that it was a brush.

How ever, I can tell you that water brushes and terrain can not be script-entities in ef2

Quote Originally Posted by chrissstrahl View Post
    How ever, I can tell you that water brushes and terrain can not be script-entities in ef2
    Good to know. I already have some code in there for handling water so we should be good there, but for the most part that just comes straight out of the map. When things get a bit hairy is when you're decompiling a BSP from back when they used func_water entities. But I don't think anyone here will need to worry about that.

...decompiling a BSP from back when they used func_water entities...
    I just checked, and I am disappointed and glad at the same time they are not in ef2

Code won't compile, again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah I recently started using some features from C# 7.2. Unfortunately I didn't realize this would break compatibility with VS2015's compiler. For development, I've been using VS2017 Community for over a year, mostly because it's free and is distributed with the Unity engine. So now I'm in a bit of a pickle. I could rewrite those bits of code to be C# 6 compliant. I don't want to force anyone to upgrade their dev environment if they don't want to. As far as I know, though, VS2017 can be installed alongside VS2015 without issue.

Apparently you could also replace VS2015's compiler with one compatible with C# 7 (see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...al-studio-2015 ). This might be the best option if you want to keep using 2015.
    Last edited by MofoMan2000; August 4th, 2018 at 02:12 PM.

Not true.
    Vs2017 has some beef with vs2015. Mainly intellisense Stuff.
    Anyways vs17 is much better than b4. For example, it now has the option to duplicate current line/selected text with ctrl+d just like npp.
    This is true, surprising, nice, silly and sarcastic at the same time.

Oh boy, installing vs2015 felt like it took years getting all the settings right felt like it took lifetimes and I don't even want to know how much worse it will be with vs2017.
    At some point I see my self forced to upgrade, but not now, I have to much going on right now.

Well, like I said I would, I've started digging into the Call of Duty BSP format. I've gotten a much more complete reverse engineering than the last time I tried, which was an absolute rush job on a custom map. There's actually a few curveballs in there, things I sure wasn't expecting, but I think I've figured it out. So now, knowing what I know, I think I'll be able to implement much better decompiling for CoD.

It's time for the fun part, where I get to write some code. Hope to have news soon.

Great! This will definitely come in handy for me.

It's time for the fun part, where I get to write some code. Hope to have news soon.
    Know that your work is appreciated