Thread: Image issue, similar to vsync problem

Unhappy Image issue, similar to vsync problem

After i installed the 1.12 patch on my server, the video looks like it has a vsync problem, and in some walls corners the other players become invisble for moments. Maybe is something about the antiwallhack system it has but, it's there some update or fix to get better experience?

Ex. if i stand on a place and start to move the mouse (view) from left to rigth, the image vsync problem is high notable.

vsync04.jpg

Unfortunately the anti-wh is still buggy, as it kind of renders the players too late when they walk past walls, doors, openings etc.
    To avoid, simply place sv_antiwh on 0 in your server.cfg (and restart the server afterwards).

You can use the other anti-cheats function without (major) issues.

that vsync problem like in the image you posted has nothing to do with the antiwh, you probably have to change some settings on your video driver settings to fix it

yeah mohaa doesn't have vsync enabled by default, you have to enable it from ur graphics card control panel.
    AMD Radeon settings makes it extremely easy.

That effect also commonly occurs in games when your fps matches your monitor refresh rate (and vsync isn't enabled).

nope, even higher still occurs.
    That's why it is called v-SYNC.
    Though u kinda get stuck at an fps equal to ur monitors refresh rate which is usually, if u don't have one of those fancy monitors, 60Hz. That means 60 fps.

Indeed, I'm well aware of what vsync does. That's why I said 'also'. It can occur in several situations, but for example with games on the GoldSrc engine when you try to match your in-game fps with your monitor without using vsync (e.g. 144fps with 144Hz) you can induce quite bad screen tearing. It's counter-intuitive, and using vsync caused input lag so that wasn't good either. Changing it to slightly higher or lower than your monitor refresh would often resolve it.
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; July 11th, 2018 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1337Smithy View Post
    Indeed, I'm well aware of what vsync does. That's why I said 'also'. It can occur in several situations, but for example with games on the GoldSrc engine when you try to match your in-game fps with your monitor without using vsync (e.g. 144fps with 144Hz) you can induce quite bad screen tearing. It's counter-intuitive, and using vsync caused input lag so that wasn't good either. Changing it to slightly higher or lower than your monitor refresh would often resolve it.
    That's probably because most if not all game engines are not multi threaded.
    So the input functions are stuck at 144 hz bcuz of vsync.