@chrissstrahl Reborn uses try catch in it's code (in the gamex wrapper), but what I was referencing was to see if try\catch is also a stock command that can be used with MOHAA scripts(with or without Reborn).

Here are a few examples: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/exceptions/

@Ryback, I get what you mean now with cluttered code. I don't think using try/catch like that would be very ideal either. It would be extremely tedious, what I would do is only put it in main functions or loops where you're executing stuff.

EDIT:
Also, I just had a thought... I don't know if this is possible but let me try to explain my theory...
In mohaa there are several mods that use common files like mikes torso, legs, dmprecache (just to name a few). This is probably the single most probable cause of mod incompatibility when there are servers running multiple mods...

I had an issue like this when I was making something in powershell...
What I did was instead of trying to modify an existing file, I wrote a code block that "executes what I need" without touching the original file.

What I am suggesting is this...
Instead of modifying the original dmprecache file to execute your code can something like this be done..

1. Read the contents of the original precache file (maybe this isn't even needed (not sure))
2. Append a code block from within your script to "exec my\folder\path\myScript.scr"
3. And let it execute on the fly from there

I'm not sure if this is possible, but it was just another crazy thought I had.