Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gentleman, allow me to introduce you to my MOM

Default Gentleman, allow me to introduce you to my MOM

You might ask what is so special about my MOM that makes it worth a introduction.
    And you are right to ask that question !

My MOM, its full name is Multi Option Menu.
    This Multi Option Menu is a server side and clientside solution, that allows the player to click buttons on a menu, that are then interpreted by the scripts on the server.

mohaa_multi_option_menu_chrissstrahl.jpg

New Weapons are added to the game, these new weapons can be accsessed by the player via typing use <weaponname> into the console.
    But instead of making the player type, the menu allows the player to simply click buttons on a menu, the menu does the rest.
    Each time a button is pressed it looks like the player is pointing with his hand towrads the menu, which happened on accident, but it looks cool so I did leave it this way.

Here is how you do it:
    - Provide the client with such a menu (example included)
    - Add the scripts and new weapons to your server
    - Provide the player with the weapon like this: $player[local.i] give "mom.tik"
    - Or Provide the player the weapon once he has used a specific trigger on the map
    - Make the player type into the console: use mom

Here are the downsides to this:
    - Scrolling the inventory will trigger mom, because it is a weapon
    - You need to provide the player the weapon "mom.tik" each time he spawns
    - Players may click faster then the scripts can register the clicking

What could you do with it ?
    - You can give the player total control over a entity via a menu
    - You could realize a code pannel
    - You could allow to change certain server settings
    - You can create a admin login with it
    - The only limits you have are the scripting limits and your imagination

Whats next ?
    - There will probably be updates and bugfixes for my MOM

Terms of use:
    - If you want to use this in your work, feel free to do so, as long as you provide it free of charge.
    - You do not need to advertise it but it would be fair to mention you took parts of this or using it.
    - You can put a small note in your credits or somewhere in your scripts, like for example: Using parts of Chrissstrahls MOM

The text above is also used in the readme, but you guys here are the first to see this on MOHAA, I have been working my entire free day on this.
    Feel free to give me your input, because I am sure there are a few glitches that have yet to be discovered.
    Last edited by chrissstrahl; August 10th, 2018 at 04:04 PM.

I did something like that once in a cgamex wrapper. My design was similar to yours with the semi-transparent black background, but I had crimson red buttons and each menu category expanded a sub-menu and stuff. Nice job with this.

Well the thing with this add on is that it works with the stock game.
    It is far easier to do this with access to the game code, at least the way around the initial limitations is far easier to manage in my opinion

@chrissstrahl: I have made a upgrade to the mod hope everyone like.

Bugfix:
    - All keys was triggering at the same time.

Upgrade:
    - Mod compatible with all game versions ( AA, SH, BT )
    - Add keypress event for reborn server
    Attached Files Attached Files

No pictures? Misleading thread. Here I thought I'd meet your mom... lulz
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by own3mall View Post
    No pictures? Misleading thread. Here I thought I'd meet your mom... lulz
    Misleading, me? Never !

In my defence, I clearly spelled MOM in big letters which indicates that it is a short form for something, like PC or IP or ID or WOW or FUBAR...
    ...that's so obvious, really

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleKill View Post
    @chrissstrahl: I have made a upgrade to the mod hope everyone like.
    Thanks, I will have to look at it in on the weekend
    I made some upgrades as well, so it will take some time to figure out how to merge both upgrades

Bugfix: All keys was triggering at the same time.
    Not sure what you mean by that.

Upgrade:
    - Mod compatible with all game versions ( AA, SH, BT )
    - Add keypress event for reborn server
    I think that will come in handy, I will try to incloude your changes with the new version,
    but I might get back at to you about it if I have some troubles along the way.

I have run the original mod again and on BT theres no problem.

On the AA was causing the problem i say because i run the script on the mod instead of giving the keys....

But on AA the commands are not working because is using a model dont exist on the game.

To work on AA you need to create another version of the mod so one works on AA and the other works on SH and BT.

Thanks.
    I will not try to make the mod AA compatible at this time, because I want to use it in BT at this time, primarily for the coop mod.
    There are a few things I noticed, and I would like to discuss.

- You have a function named get_weapon_no_reborn in mom_actions.scr, which is used in mom.scr
    mom_actions.scr is meant to be replaced and changed if the scripter wants to.
    I might not need to explain any further, because you will already know whats bad with that.
    How ever I will still explain it, so if someone else is reading he knows what I am getting at.
    The problem is that a function used in a core script is executed in a script that is meant to be changed by who ever is using the mom script, and there for is unreliable.
    I have moved get_weapon_no_reborn to mom.scr for a higher grantee that the function remains unaltered by someone else just editing the mom_actions.scr

- You used a random function to assign a unique targetname
    The problem here, is just that the random function in morpheus is not a reliable thing, the chance that 0 will be returned twice is high.
    That is the reason why I used the player entity id.

- The targetname given to a weapon would be something like weap12.
    Now I am not sure if I did that mistake or if it was your idea.
    But now I would not use such a short targetname, I would rather prefix the targetname to prevent naming conflicts.
    I probably would use mom_weap1 or something.

- I dono about the cvar sv_info, I will have to check if it is really empty on a regular server.
    It is good to know how to check for a reborn server, I was wondering how it would be done, my guess was some sort of new cvar

- I have no idea what this exactly does...
    local.key_press_event = registerev "keypress" mom/mom_action.scr
    What if a player presses the F or Y key and how about double digits...
    I figured if a player is crouching and pressing use that is rather unusual and would be a good way to detect if a player wants to have mom prompted or not.

- I have made massive changed to mom, but I will include your upgrades after I have tested them, if that is ok with you.
    I am have come to dislike my previous way of doing the mom script, which is one of the reasons why I have changed it.
    It is also more flexible now.

I will send you the update once I have merged it, so you can take a look and test if it is still working as intended.
    I will yet have to still test your script, and see it in action.
    Last edited by chrissstrahl; August 8th, 2018 at 10:54 AM.

Sorry guys one script on the mod was not complete i forgot to replace....

Here is the mod complete:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DoubleKill; August 9th, 2018 at 04:29 AM.