Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOHAA Coop

Default MOHAA Coop

Some of you might have heard of the MOHAA Coop Mod.
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/medal-of-...ative-gameplay

Shortly before its release I did test the beta and it worked fine, except for a single map.
    Recently I wanted to introduce MOHAA coop to a friend who never played MOHAA.
    I felt this had to be rectified immediately, so I downloaded the Mod tested it with a different friend.
    And as soon as he joined I got 3 fps. I disabled the scripts and we tested it again, so I knew it had to be something with the scripts.

Being a experienced Morpheus Scripter, I decided to take a look and could quickly resolve the issue we had on the first map.
    We could play a few more maps and then again the same issue on a different map...

After two weeks of trying I have come to realize, what a massive mess the scripts are.
    I could best describe these scripts as "level scripts that exploded as they got intermixed with batch".
    The really bad placed indents and missing brackets, as well as different styles of coding do really make these scripts not just nasty but really evil.

How ever, I intend to get this Mod working, so that I can play it in coop.

I fully understand why Marvin does not want to work on the Mod any further.
    I have been involved with this Coop Mod during its beta phase, providing the Mission Objectives Code and Menu/Hud.
    At that time, I asked Marvin if it would be okay, that I publish a patch for this Mod.
    As it was clear at that time, that once the Mod was released, he would not work on it any further.
    He told me that I can do what ever I want with the Mod he wants no part of it, which I interpret as a "Yes, it is okay".

So the reason why I am here, is that I struggle with the mohaa idiosyncrasy.
    I would estimate, that it could take me a half year or even longer to figure all these things out my self, which I need to know to fix all the issues.
    So I was hoping you guy here can help me out if I have questions.

I would also appreciate it if someone would like to get more involved, but in my expiriance Coop is not often that popular as any PVP Mode or Mod.

I also want to mention that I have done a script based Coop Mod before, so I know the level of work involved.
    Last edited by chrissstrahl; July 1st, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

I think that guys will help you with guestions if you will ask them here, but not in full-time, cuz devs here are mainly focused or on MOHUE or on Reborn itself, so they respond in free time.

Sounds good

So here are the first questions.

Players can only carry a specific set of weapons, other weapons get dropped right away.
    I believe this did done via the game code and can not be changed with a simple edit.
    I know there are scripts that work around this, but do they preserve the ammo count as well or do they have more side-effects ?

I don't think there are side effects.
    IDK how coop works, but if it plays sp missions in mp, then there are no side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by chrissstrahl View Post
    So here are the first questions.

Players can only carry a specific set of weapons, other weapons get dropped right away.
    I believe this did done via the game code and can not be changed with a simple edit.
    I know there are scripts that work around this, but do they preserve the ammo count as well or do they have more side-effects ?
    I have remove the weapons folder on the mod and now works properly well on AA on m1l1.

On SH i dont have test.

Thanks, I will have to try that out, I was under the impression this is a multiplayer issue, not a mod issue.

I have not yet looked into the weapons issue, I will give feedback as soon as I have.

Can anyone tell me what enableEnemy or as it is used in context self.enableEnemy = 0 does ?

it's only for actors, so I would suppose it enables dealing with player as enemy ?

I believe that it turns the AI on/off, or simply their enemy selection on/off so they can still be given commands but won't attack the player or enemy actors, as opposed to ai_off/ai_on. I'm not on my desktop so can't check myself, but to confirm it just look into the global/disable_ai.scr or global/enable_ai.scr to see if it's used there.
    Last edited by 1337Smithy; July 6th, 2018 at 05:14 PM.