Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't launch game with UAC on default setting in Windows 7

I have never seen anything like that??? Is that some kind of modified executable? Try just replacing the mohaa.exe with the stock one from here: http://mohreborn.com/download/MOHAA.exe
    or try this one http://mohreborn.com/download/mohaa1.11_full.zip

No, it's not a modified .exe file. I mean as far as I know. It's just whatever was in there. The same thing happens when I try the two .exe files you provided hyperlinks to when I click the .exe files or a shortcut to them. When I click Play in the AutoPlay (?) menu for the game disk, nothing at all happens including the referral returned from server message.

Yes, it is kind of odd. I'm very grateful to be able to play now without messing with the UAC settings and restarting the computer before and after I play MOHAA using the MOHAA Revival version of the game easymeat told me about. No more disk needed too. That's cool. And I don't have to start that service that was disabled by KB3086255 before playing and then stop it after playing.

I hope you weren't left feeling that you wasted time trying to help me in this thread, James. I mean because I couldn't do stuff you were showing me properly. I appreciate you taking all that time to do so.

Thank you all again for helping me.
    My PC specs are listed in the About Me part of my profile.

Something about the install you had that just doesn't sound right. Yeah if the revival version works for you then you should be good to go. I have no idea why you would be getting the server error. It makes no sense. It's as if it was trying to talk to some external source and it shouldn't have to do that. Anyway, glad you got it resolved!

No worries about me man! I don't mind helping out where I can. I don't know everything, but I certainly try to assist where I am knowledgeable in. After all this community is all about helping each other out!

Hello. I just thought I would mention this while I came by your forum tonight. When I first looked online for help with this problem, I overlooked some search results for where someone wrote to go to Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, Security Options, User Account Control: Only elevate executables that are signed and validated, and set it to Disabled. I did that and it worked to give me the regular UAC prompt instead of that "A referral was returned to the server" message when I launch some programs including MOHAA installed from disks I bought at the store a long time ago. So I guess the computer is still protected the way it was by the UAC thing, and now I can run those programs without switching off the UAC and restarting the computer.

I hope you all have been doing well and things are going okay for everyone. Thanks again for helping me with MOHAA.
    My PC specs are listed in the About Me part of my profile.