Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: can't access x-null.net

There's a lot of manually approved bannings that happen on some of my servers thanks to a web platform I've built that PeerGuardian Linux syncs up to. This is because all my servers are constantly being attacked in different ways.

If your connection count is greater than 15 or your IP address is listed as abusive on https://www.abuseipdb.com/ when the monitoring script gets run (random), you're probably going to get banned.

What is your IP address?
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

I've sent you my IP via PM

and just checked abuseipdb.com and my ip is listed there
    it says: This IP was reported 1 times
    Reporter: webehostin.com
    Date: 28 Mar 2018
    Comment: Too Many Connections Or General Abuse

how can that be possible?

False positive I guess:

Code:
    Here are the netstat results on system (host: ubuchi) on 03/27/2018 17:00:01 PM.
    Number of TCP Connections Per IP Address Active:
    Active Conns	IP	Reported Abuse	City	State	Country	Actions
    21	{URIP}	no - harmless 	Quilpué 	Region de Valparaiso 	Chile

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
    how can that be possible?
    It can happen if your router rotates through an IP that was previously used for spamming / hacking / others malicious activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Ley0k View Post
    It can happen if your router rotates through an IP that was previously used for spamming / hacking / others malicious activities.
    but the first and only report on abuseipdb.com was made by webehostin.com the same day my ip changed

and this is the third time this happen to me
    the first two times i thought it was a problem on my connection
    until i saw in the shoutbox Purple and DoubleKill talking about having the same problem in the past
    so i think it must be some missconfiguration in the servers firewall or something

and, i still can't access to x-null without a VPN, even when my IP was removed from abuseipdb.com

own3mall, were you able to whitelist his IP? Do we have any thoughts on why this is happening?
    I agree with Ley0k, but I'm not sure why it would be posted the same day your IP changed... Stupid question; are you a victim of a botnet or something? Maybe your IP/computer has a virus or something that is causing multiple connections like for a D/DOS attack???

Not sure if this is much help, but if you're familiar with wireshark, maybe you can try seeing what's happening with packets when you go to the xnull site?

Yeah, I think I did whitelist it now, but it takes hours to apply / update.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

finally! i can connect normally. it seems that you have to wait 24 hours for the whitelist to be updated.

i scanned my pc but no viruses were found and i still don't know what caused it, but anyways,
    thanks for your help guys

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
    finally! i can connect normally. it seems that you have to wait 24 hours for the whitelist to be updated.

i scanned my pc but no viruses were found and i still don't know what caused it, but anyways,
    thanks for your help guys
    I may need to adjust my scripts...

Do you guys open like 20 different tabs simultaneously with / x-null pages? I could see that increasing your connection count.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers

I was inspired to make my monitoring scripts better (and give me more information automatically from various log files to help me better identify what a connection is doing), so hopefully this will become a rare occurrence... if it even happens again.

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods

Quality Game Servers