Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Servers Using Bots !!!

Default Servers Using Bots !!!

Hi All,

Currently there are 3 servers running right now ALL using Bots !!

https://www.gametracker.com/search/mohaa/?

ProServers.cl has 2 servers & DIAM SERVER !!

Not one of these servers has 'normal players' on it

Just wanted to make everyone aware of it ... and that it's hard to believe in 2018 that mindless useless people do such things when the Genuine guys around here with servers work hard at keeping theirs active !!!

Cheers !!

ProServers.cl (131.221.33.149:12240) has fake clients connecting endlessly without joining :
    xxx.jpg

DIAM SERVER (82.95.194.188:12203) has numerous number of clients staying in spectator doing nothing :
    xxx2.jpg

By looking at their stats on GameTracker, anyone can state that both servers are doing stats traffic.

Permission to blacklist?
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

Let's brainstorm on this...
    I personally don't like the idea of perm blacklisting something, however I know that some servers def deserve to be blacklisted... That being said, would it be possible to put in a system that would blacklist a server with fake bots for a week or 2 (whatever we find acceptable), and then after that time limit it gets removed from the blacklist until the next offense; in which case it will get blacklisted again for the same amount...

What do you guys think? Razor, what are your thoughts?

I think that if we want to keep the game alive then just let it go, or do like James said a time limit, because if I get on a server that doesn't have players just bot's I just never go back again same with a server that has cheaters on it all the time.
    f WOV, LUV, MFC, AB, MAW and UWS can keep good quality servers by hard work high in ranking everyone can do it and there are no excuses.
    While this is so true the people that really want to enjoy the game will know what servers to get on. Most players anymore don't even check Game Tracker anyway, at least I never do, why let this stuff get to you just get all bugged out about something for nothing.

guys, besides the ban frorm the masterserver, if you have a gametracker account, be sure to report those servers so they get unranked

I dont think that servers should be blacklisted on the masterlist. It shows other people that only you can control whats allowed and whats not allowed.. Its not that EA has ever done this before. Reporting on gametracker sounds like a better idea.

A time based blacklist sounds good.
    Cause it does ruin the game for people.. ofc. people can avoid that server, but some people definitely don't remember what server's they were playing on and just clicked on one with a lot of people.
    If it happens too often, people wouldn't bother anymore trying to play the game.

A datetime ban is possible. It is doable and doesn't require any code changes in the master server itself. Just a cronjob that runs on the mohaaservers.tk server to clear the list.

I like having a blacklist... this is used all the time in games today. Want to be a part of our master server (the only one), you follow our rules. Simple, but that's just my opinion. It's up to you guys to decide. It doesn't really matter to me personally. It's not like we've gone crazy blacklisting servers... think only 2-4 have ever been listed.
    Browse MOHAA Servers Post GameSpy Era

VISIT MOHREBORN.COM FOR LATEST INFORMATION

Medal of Honor: Game Server Browser Fixer - Patches your MOHAA, MOHSH, and MOHBT game binaries to allow you to retrieve a list of game servers within the multi-player menu in-game even after GameSpy ceases operation!

Medal of Honor: Query Launcher - Find, browse, organize, join, get your ping, and get more information regarding all Medal of Honor (AA, SH, & BT) servers from your PC at any time!
    Medal of Honor: Web Server Master List - Find and browse all Medal of Honor servers online using your browser!
    Add your Medal of Honor Server to the Master List
    YouTube Video for Medal of Honor: Query Launcher and MOHAASERVERS.TK!

MOHAA Mods and Utilities
    OwN-3m-All's Mods
    Make Me Stock - A program that allows you to easily move-in and move-out non-stock mods and other files at the click of a button. Automates adding / removing mods without having to copy / move files manually.

Quality Game Servers

Rent dedicated Dallas Texas, Kansas City, Las Vegas Nevada, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Sofia Bulgaria MOHAA and other game servers from We Be HostiN starting at $10 a month.

I like the idea of an incremental and fully automated method such that 1st offense is a 1 week blacklist, 2nd is a 2 week blacklist, further offenses are 4 weeks each. Perhaps after six months of no offense, they then go back to 1st offense being a week. This basically can give a "permanent" blacklist, but with constant opportunities to correct their behavior and return to good standing.

As an alternative, perhaps instead of blacklisting put a "gold star" or "raspberry" icon next to each server (or both, if you favor carrot/stick). They don't get blacklisted, but with the above logic they get or remove their star or razzie

Sorry Zappa, but gametracker has demonstrably abdicated enforcement of their stated "up to 3 non-players allowed" policy so reporting to gametracker does nothing. One example - Merlins World of Camelot @ 108.61.125.64 (Previously Guardians World of Pain) runs up a (fake) player count (+ 6 to 12) EVERY DAY for just a few hours. In GT forums, multiple people from multiple servers have independently reported this, and the GT admin there (primarily "Burn") says they don't plan to do anything. The point is, gametracker ranking has become polluted/corrupt. This definitely alienates players, sending them to other games.

Easymeat - it's not just the clan servers that work hard to keep an active group going... us public 'unaffiliated' servers work hard too *grin*

I can understand the school of thought that just says "let them do it, players will sort it all out in the end", but that approach might not promote growth in the playerbase. Just like cheats/hacks irritate players who worked hard to get real skill, server owners that get rankings by 'cheating' tend to elicit the same visceral response

I hereby request that we investigate adding something to reborn itself to prevent fake players. Then no need for a blacklist

Best,

Tode