Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MOH Rises

From the impression I got, the gameimporter was a plugin for UE4 that is no longer available.

Will run through those steps though and see if that works or not. Will let yall know if it does or not.

Got a chance to try your instructions. Thanks for the response. I've loved this game for 20 years so a chance to see it in UE4 would be awesome.

Your way is easier than the instructions on the gitlab page (git clone --recurse-submodules https://gitlab.com/mohue/mohue.git). Doing it per the 'git clone' line only 'got' the main folder. It created the other folders but they had been empty.

Doing it how you described, I noticed the GameImporter plugin within the plugins folder.
    I also made sure to install the vc_redist (I don't think I did initially)

So the good news is, I didn't have the gameimporter error I had before.
    The bad news, about 18% into initalization (when loading the project) I get a error message:

The game module 'mohueDependecy' could not be loaded. There may
    be an operating system error or the module may not be properly setup.

Seen that one before?

I deleted the entire folder and started over, and I get the same error. Also, mistaken, wasn't 18%, it was 39% into initialization when loading the project file.

I get a little more insight when I just double click the project file.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ueerror.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	2253

Any ideas?

From what I could find googling similar errors, it often relates to an update in UE.

There were a few ideas in the UNREAL Engine Forums.

Trying the suggestion of removing the binaries folder, brought up the message in the attached picture:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mohue.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	2255

I said yes, but of course, it couldn't compile, likely without any source code.

So it seems I need a different version of the Unreal Engine or a way to compile it on the new version?
    I'm using 4.25.3. I know you mentioned I needed to be on 4.25 but I see no way to go back to that version. My next option starts at 4.24.3.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by kamikazeedriver; August 21st, 2020 at 06:37 PM. Reason: I should've done due diligence before posting.