Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reborn Patch: Possible STWH Detected for Hubba BubBa! Damage set to 0!

Default Reborn Patch: Possible STWH Detected for Hubba BubBa! Damage set to 0!

whats this?

Is the patch detected someone shoioting on the wall so he put the player to do 0 damage

so nothing important?

Basically the patch protects against STWH... What it does is checks to see if someone is leaning into a wall. But it's not even so much leaning as it is detecting the fraction of the gun against the wall...
    When a user has STWH, they're actually able to counter the collision detection against a solid (they lean further than they are supposed to)... That's how the patch is able to protect against it, by seeing if someone is leaning further than they are supposed to.

That message is simply telling you the person is trying to cheat, but it won't do them any good because the patch is stopping them from doing so. In other words, it's working the way it's supposed to.

oke thanks james, so the guy is trying to cheat... that tells me he is also able and wanting to use other cheats.... thats where alphamac kicks in , i force him to alphamac!.

btw i found this in the log why doesnt it print-out an message like "i tried to cheat" so hes embarrased in the server?

As James said, this shows up when STWH is used.
    However, this shows up a lot in logs as false-positives, tbh whenever you have your gun near a wall, the damage is cancelled.
    I've seen so many names (of known and casual players as well) pop up in the logs, even my own name, but it's (almost) always a false-positive.

Also, I've been hit sometimes when someone is clipping next to a wall, and although the opponent's name appears as if he hit me, I get 0 damage.
    The other way around has also happened, I've clipped and hit people and they didn't get any damage at all.

I assumed it was the anti-STWH kicking in, but it doesn't happen too often, so it never bothered me. I'm happy to pay that every-once-in-a-while price to keep STWH out of servers.
    It's actually been years since I've seen someone using STWH.

I wasn't aware of the false positives. Might need some optimization, but that's basically the concept of how to detect it. Maybe, using a similar concept you can do something like this by script until it's properly fixed in the patch?

I remember trying to fix the stwh a while ago. I believe I used velocity or something to prevent a player from leaning through a wall. Basically it pushed the player back. but basically if he clips through the wall instead just set damage to 0 like in the patch.

About everyone gets caught and punished, set it to off before people leave your server forever

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Order View Post
    About everyone gets caught and punished, set it to off before people leave your server forever
    It doesn't show up in-game and no one gets kicked or anything.
    The only place this text is visible is in the logs, and damage cancellations are rare (and it only accounts for one bullet ofc. not all of them).

So, I suggest to always keep this on, cause dealing with 3rd person, WH and Aimbotters is one thing.. but dealing with STWH is really annoying without an admin around.
    And just ignore that line in the server logs.

Honestly, I think the anti-STWH is good as it is. Ofc. it can be optimized, but I wouldn't say this is priority at all (and I don't want it to suddenly break xD).

I agree with Shadow only priority I'd like is to fix so vstr will work with reborn.