Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to personalize multiplayer texts?

Unhappy How to personalize multiplayer texts?

Hello friends
    Try perzonalizing multiplayer mode texts (Teasing, Orders, information and others) on the server side, from:

1. pak6.pk3 global folder \ localization.txt
    2. unzipped folder main \ Global \ localization.tx
    3. pak0.pk3 global folder \ localization.txt, but in this one you can not find multiplayer texts.

NOT work any
    I saw several servers with personalized texts, help me please

Of course thank you, greetings from Bolivia.

you should place localization.txt inside a global floder inside the main directory. Pk3s will not work with localization.txt

Thanks for the prompt response

you mean main \ global \ localization.txt that is not inside a pk3

I did that, I modified it, but for some reason it does not work, it keeps showing the stock texts

Any suggestions or corrections?
    I may be doing something wrong.

putt it in the global folder, check your mods to see if they also have a localization.txt hidden in a global folder or smth

The original localization file (if memory serves me correctly), should be located in pak0.pk3 global folder. You can view the contents and folder structure of a pk3 using a free tool called pakscape (even 7-zip works).
    Anyway, when you are making changes, you want to make sure you use the same folder structure, otherwise it won't work properly.

Just remember don't EVER overwrite stock pk3 files. You want to create a custom pk3, but use the same folder structure as the original. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips {sfx} View Post
    putt it in the global folder, check your mods to see if they also have a localization.txt hidden in a global folder or smth
    Thanks for the contribution it is important, but I made sure not to have MOD's with the file localization.txt
    Last edited by feralv; March 5th, 2018 at 09:03 PM.

Feralv.... so you put localizations.txt in your main/global, edited it, restarted your server, and the changes are not showing, correct?

I don’t currently have a custom one.... I will test shortly and see if I see the same on mine.

Thats how I did mine example shows when players join server make sure your only changing the text in the second set of " " { "Press fire to join the battle!" "Press fire to join the battle!" }
    you want the file from the pak0.pk3 not the pak6.pk3

{ "Press fire to join the battle!" "Welcome To The Meat House \r \r Shoot Red Lights To Teleport\r \r No Rockets" }
    Last edited by easymeat; March 7th, 2018 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The original localization file (if memory serves me correctly), should be located in pak0.pk3 global folder. You can view the contents and folder structure of a pk3 using a free tool called pakscape (even 7-zip works).
    Anyway, when you are making changes, you want to make sure you use the same folder structure, otherwise it won't work properly.

Just remember don't EVER overwrite stock pk3 files. You want to create a custom pk3, but use the same folder structure as the original. Does that make sense?
    thanks James, I can not make it work,
    I created a zzz_change_text.pk3 mod file with this structure "global / localization.txt", I paste it inside the "main" folder, I do not have another mod besides the zzzzzzzz_Reborn_pak8.pk3. , according to my knowledge zzz_change_text.pk3 is loaded before zzzzzzzz_Reborn_pak8.pk3 by the amount of zzzzzz ..,zzzzzzzz_Reborn_pak8.pk3 it does not contain localization.txt..

Quote Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
    Feralv.... so you put localizations.txt in your main/global, edited it, restarted your server, and the changes are not showing, correct?

I don’t currently have a custom one.... I will test shortly and see if I see the same on mine.
    This is Todesengel, I restarted the server after making the modification,
    download the mohaa reborn server pack from this page, and it's good.