Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Script has scoreboard locked up?

Default Map Script has scoreboard locked up?

Partly as a learning exercise, partly as a labor of love, and partly because I want every mapscript to use a cleaned up and consistent (and documented) template and be fully MEFY-ized (yes, including all the single player maps).... I'm rewriting every map script in the stock game from scratch to suit my sensibilities (aka, my OCD).

My first attempt was M1L1. Much to my surprise, the first test run of the new map script worked perfectly with one exception... the scoreboard at the end of the map. When running it in FFA mode, it works perfectly. When I switched it to TDM mode... the map ran perfectly except at the end (whether via timelimit or fraglimit). It displays the final scoreboard for the right amount of time, but at the point where the map should start over it goes awry. For a split second kind of behind the black scoreboard screen, you can see the map again (initial start), but immediately the black scoreboard screen takes over and displays. Every g_maxintermission? time... it does it again in a loop. While displaying the scoreboard, for a split second you see the map behind it... then it stays on the scoreboard solid black (with the same scores). Only in TDM mode.

Does this indicate a particular failuremode that someone is familiar with?

And possibly related, I am having trouble finding a good explanation of level.clockside - when to use, what it does, etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

Todesengel

Clockside is easy,
    if it's allies once the time is up allies win.
    if it's axis once the time is up axis win.
    if it's draw once the time is up it's a draw.
    I think there was a 4th value that I can't recall.
    Can you provide what you see in video ?
    Edit: The 4th one is kills , which "obviously speaking" means the team with them most kills wins.
    Last edited by RyBack; March 2nd, 2018 at 08:53 AM.

So is it safe to say that level.clockside should be set in every script at some point, regardless of gametype? Why isn't it?

I have been squashing errors that come up on the console with my new map script... and I have them all quieted except this set. Anyone have any clues that could point me in the right direction as to what is causing this??

Code:
    CM_LoadMap( maps/m1l1.bsp, 0 )
    Loading Reborn Loader...
    Adding script: 'm1l1_precache.scr'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 77 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_captain' in 'models/human/german_afrika_private.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 60 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_guy01' in 'models/human/german_afrika_private.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 63 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy02' in 'models/human/german_afrika_private.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 56 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy03' in 'models/human/german_afrika_private.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 77 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_captain' in 'models/human/german_afrika_nco.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 60 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_guy01' in 'models/human/german_afrika_nco.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 63 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy02' in 'models/human/german_afrika_nco.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 56 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy03' in 'models/human/german_afrika_nco.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 77 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_captain' in 'models/human/german_afrika_officer.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 60 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_guy01' in 'models/human/german_afrika_officer.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 63 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy02' in 'models/human/german_afrika_officer.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 56 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy03' in 'models/human/german_afrika_officer.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 77 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_captain' in 'models/human/german_afrika_grenadier.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 60 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_guy01' in 'models/human/german_afrika_grenadier.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 63 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy02' in 'models/human/german_afrika_grenadier.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 56 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy03' in 'models/human/german_afrika_grenadier.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 77 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_captain' in 'models/human/2nd-ranger_captain.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 60 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_guy01' in 'models/human/2nd-ranger_captain.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 63 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy02' in 'models/human/2nd-ranger_captain.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 56 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy03' in 'models/human/2nd-ranger_captain.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 77 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_captain' in 'models/human/2nd-ranger_private.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 60 (total: 57) in anim 'truck_out_guy01' in 'models/human/2nd-ranger_private.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 63 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy02' in 'models/human/2nd-ranger_private.tik'
    TIKI_FixFrameNum: illegal frame number 56 (total: 47) in anim 'truck_out_guy03' in 'models/human/2nd-ranger_private.tik'
    (frustrated) lol
    Last edited by Todesengel; March 2nd, 2018 at 08:04 PM. Reason: forgot to wrap error log

It is caused when a TIKI animation command is pointing at a frame higher or equal than the number of total frames for an animation file (must be 0 < n < numFrames). In order to fix it, you have to search for those animations in files included by TIKIs and set their frame number to 0 (mohaa sets them to 0 for these errors).

Understood, Thanks, and I'll start going down that path....

But what confuses me is that this is a SP to MP conversion, and I do not recall it spewing out these errors in single player (or other peoples SP2MP conversions for m1l1).... I do not want those animations in the map at all (those actors that have the animations have been removed!) - which makes me think this error could be due to not removing something else which should be removed for FFA/MP.

In the stock single player mapscript, the anims are called:
    level.actor1 thread truckanim 1 "truck_watch_captain" "truck_shot_captain" "truck_idle_captain" "truck_twitch_captain" "FULLBODY_m1l1_101" "truck_rock_captain" "truck_out_captain"
    level.actor2 thread truckanim 2 "truck_watch_guy01" "truck_shot_guy01" "truck_idle_guy01" "truck_twitch_guy01" "truck_react_guy01" "truck_rock_guy01" "truck_out_guy01"
    level.actor3 thread truckanim 3 "truck_watch_guy02" "truck_shot_guy02" "truck_idle_guy02" "truck_twitch_guy02" "truck_react_guy02" "truck_rock_guy02" "truck_out_guy02" -1 "truck_twitch2_guy02"
    level.actor4 thread truckanim 4 "truck_watch_guy03" "truck_shot_guy03" "truck_idle_guy03" "truck_twitch_guy03" "truck_react_guy03" "truck_rock_guy03" "truck_out_guy03" "truck_idle2_guy03" "truck_twitch2_guy03"

I don't really want to fix the animations... I want the animations GONE. Or if it is something hard coded in the bsp... just enough glue in the mapscript to render it 'existant' but 'inactive'

I will continue plugging away at it, thanks for any clarity that can be offered

T

Well, it's not my SP2MP conversion of M1L1.... I moved the m1l1 files to my production server... and it runs fine there. No errors, and no lockup at end of map.
    So.... it must be something in my dev server, not the map :\ Not sure where to look, but I will keep looking!

server.cfg ?
    seen weird stuff with different cfgs b4.

The problem has forked :>

So the TIKI errors I get turn out to have nothing to do with the map crash. They don't show on my production server, but do on my dev server. No, this doesn't mean I should just push it out to production! I will dig deeper but it's not the map script (copied those from dev to prod)... so something outside of the map itself is causing those TIKI errors. On production, the map does run with no TIKI errors. BUT....

The crash is caused when a SP2MP map is the only map in the maplist. If I put in two maps in the maplist - mohdm1 first and then m1l1... it does the rotation - including wrapping from m1l1 back to mohdm1... with no crash. This smells of something with MEFY to me... similar to how you need a standard map first (some mefy docs said that). I wonder why that is? It seems to have something to do with this though.....

Mefy experts around?

T

If you dont whant that animations, just end the thread like this:

truckanim local.num local.watch local.shot local.idle1 local.twitch1 local.reaction local.rock local.exit local.idle2 local.twitch2:
    end