Thread: mohaaaa database searching?

Default mohaaaa database searching?

It's certainly possible that my searching skills are lacking.... but every time I go to the aaaa database to look for something, sample code... whatever.. it just doesn't return what I suspect are 'correct' results.

If I put in M1L2b or "motorpool"..... it returns ALL maps. Actually, no matter what map search criteria I put in - I get what seems to be 'all records' in the result set. In other searches for mods.... I get no resultset at all. But google searches similar to 'mohaa snowhill' return a link that does go to the file on aaaa, so they *ARE* there.

Am I missing something obvious about how to search?

T

wouldn't be a better idea to ask directly on the AAAA forum?
    they have a Feedback/Suggestions/Requests secction

Sorry, I was already on x-null, and I thought the aaaa map/mod database was a 'reborn-sponsored' project. At least it is according to the forum sections. Seems there is a specific one dedicated to the mohaaaa map/mods database here (which is where I posted this). Plus I know Shadow frequents here.....

I will try over on the mohaaaa forumn as well. Thanks.

no need to be sorry
    i was just saying this post would be more useful on the AAAA feedback forum rather than here

Heya,

Yeah it is best to ask these questions on AAAA, also to keep things organized.
    It's not a Reborn sponsored project, but AAAA sponsors Reborn in their mission to improve the game.
    There is indeed a forum on xNULL about it as well, which was to help out AAAA where possible and also to look at new platforms to create a database.
    And it happens that both me and Heatsink are admins on both sites haha.

But don't worry, I can answer here for you now
    The normal map search page isn't functioning properly any more (and there won't be any updates to it for the time being unfortunately)..
    However use this page to search the Map Database: http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c.../map-sort-view
    It should work perfectly, however your search options are limited to searching on the title (e.g. V2 Rocket Facility), map name (e.g. obj/obj_team2) and the creator/author of the map. Which is luckily all you need most of the time.
    Next to this, you can ofc. also google to find the right pages but searching on the site directly is always more useful haha.

Edit: It seems that the 'Title' search bar on that link also picks up other content on AAAA (skins, mods etc.). Damn, so many issues xD But anyways, you can tell the ones that are maps have pictures and other info, the ones that don't aren't maps.

Also, when you search for a keyword which no results exists of in the database, it shows you the keyword you previously typed and ofc. a no results page. Only saying this because someone else thought that something was broken when that happened haha.

Edit #2: In the case of Single Player maps that have been converted to Multiplayer (as you used M1L2b as an example), they are mostly added into package bundles (ofc. there are odd ones that are individually in the Map Database itself as well, so ofc. search there too). But the package bundles I have of SP to MP maps are:
    http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...onversions-v10
    http://www.mohaaaa.co.uk/AAAAMOHAA/c...p-maps-package
    Last edited by Shadow; February 22nd, 2018 at 03:50 PM.