Thread: rjukan project!?!?

Default rjukan project!?!?

Uh oh.... did http://gronnevik.se/rjukan/ go dark??? I can't get to it anymore, and could just a day or two ago. Does someone need to go scarf all the content there so it doesn't disappear (I can easily host it in our datacenter)?

I'd sure hate to see all the good mohaa info there go away......

T

I did. I think shadow has it on his mohaa guide too.
    I can't bother to search right now cuz the pc that has is extremely slow when it comes to hdd searching.
    shadow props has it.His mohaa guide is like a goldmine.

i hope is just a temporary shutdown
    anyways, there's a mirror on the Wayback machine

As Zappa mentioned, the Wayback Machine is a great tool to access sites that have been shut down.

Also as RyBack mentioned, I have a copy of all his guides (and all guides/tutorials I ever found online):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/8j...RIALS_V1.2.zip

It is uploaded on AAAA as well, but for some reason not working anymore.. and I can't currently upload a file of that size (~300 MB), so MediaFire will have to do for now.
    That download includes all Guides & Tutorials about mapping, skinning, modding, scripting etc. that I've ever found online (MOHAA related ofc.).

It includes a folder called 'The Rjukan Project' with all pages converted to docx. Files are also included.
    As an addition, Bjarne himself sent me a zip file with all the pages of his site(s), with all files included as well, which is also added in that folder, called 'Rjukan Pages All.zip'.

Purple Developer Purple Elephant1au's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    As Zappa mentioned, the Wayback Machine is a great tool to access sites that have been shut down.
    Wayback machine is awesome, i have used it to win a court case against someone, they thought that if they took their website down it would disappear along with the evidence of their misleading conduct :P

Purple's Playground
    OBJ :
    103.29.85.127:12203
    xfire: purpleelephant1au
    email: purpleelephant1au@gmail.com
    skydrive: PurpleElephantSkydrive

wow I was on it 2 days ago

Well, the site is still dark.

I'm thrilled that shadow saved it all. REALLY good info there for someone getting into scripting. But it's key that it not just be saved... but be easily accessible still.

I would humbly suggest that it is best set up as a wiki or somesuch so that it can be a living growing document. I think that was Bjarne's original intent that the community contribute docs/explanations to the various sections, and some sections were not yet filled in. Think he would approve?

And I agree with Ryback... Shadow's The MOHAA Guide is beyond awesome. Very detailed, very well organized, and contains mountains of gold nuggets of info for new and seasoned players/admins. I don't think anyone could skim it and not come away with something new/useful.

T