Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] MOH PTC - Control your server serverside!

Anyone up for helping develop this further? I found a way to support this on Linux servers. Its not that im leaving this project behind, but would be cool if someone or even some people could help with it.

I would need someone with Python knowledge and/or web development (not installing CMS and edit it) but pure angularJS.

If only i had time to make progress on this
    Last edited by Appelpitje; November 11th, 2017 at 10:32 AM.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be much help in this project because I have never coded python before and as far as the web content goes, well... building a site from scratch I just don't think I have that kind of time. Unfortunately I'm probably more of the (install a CMS and edit it) kind of guy, but building from scratch takes more time because you're building it from the ground up and it needs to be secure, as well as simple and trivial to use for the user/server admin.

I did however come up with an idea for a project I will start developing soon for MOH that will help server admins, or at least I hope it will... It will be able to take multiple pk3 mods, interpret the content in it and if it sees multiple files with the same name (which could conflict with each other), it will merge the content together and repackage everything into a single PK3.

Ah yeah, Python is for the interaction with MOH and making a webservice for it.

For the web development; i know CMS/editting it is faster but what im making is for server owners, so they shouldnt install a whole CMS just to control their server. Otherwise there should be multiple modules written for each CMS system. The idea is to let it run standalone with a simple js/php script at this moment. Maybe later a database could be usefull to have playerkilling/logging, maybe even store the console log into a database instead off having all these separate log files.

And thats a cool idea so, i knew some people that had 50 pk3 files on their server and somehow it didnt make any problems lol. But how would you merge DMprecache for example? Let it look what differs and merge it?

I will also try to convert the current Python script to Python3 since Python2 will not be supported anymore in few months/years..
    Also, i had the webservice for live kills working
    Last edited by Appelpitje; November 12th, 2017 at 04:12 AM.

Über Prodigy & Developer Razo[R]apiD's Avatar

Maybe think about nodejs instead of python? Much easier to do REST API I think, that integrates with modern JS frameworks, plus you stick to one language on backend and frontend which may simplify things and make development faster.

Also I think utilizing getstatus is much better than reading from the window handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Razo[R]apiD View Post
    Maybe think about nodejs instead of python? Much easier to do REST API I think, that integrates with modern JS frameworks, plus you stick to one language on backend and frontend which may simplify things and make development faster.

Also I think utilizing getstatus is much better than reading from the window handle.
    I don't really have much time so then i would have to learn Nodejs But yeah that would have been better to start with.

Getstatus is indeed a better way to get playerlist, but what i'm trying to do is doing things that aren't possible with rcon (standard games, look at SH/BT) as reborn patch can probably do most stuff.
    For example, get log kills directly via console or make a scoreboard with players per team or just a live console that actually copies all text from the console and puts it on a live web console (so you can follow what happens on the server). See it a bit like a SIEM with User Analytics.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I did however come up with an idea for a project I will start developing soon for MOH that will help server admins, or at least I hope it will... It will be able to take multiple pk3 mods, interpret the content in it and if it sees multiple files with the same name (which could conflict with each other), it will merge the content together and repackage everything into a single PK3.
    Good idea! Kinda like this?
    https://www.x-null.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post19355

Yes pretty much, but I'd like to do it all into an easy to use single click utility. I haven't started the project yet, but I already have some ideas in my head. The only thing is I don't know *nix programming, so the server admin would need to run the binary from a windows platform and once the new pk3 archive is built they can then FTP it to the server.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Yes pretty much, but I'd like to do it all into an easy to use single click utility. I haven't started the project yet, but I already have some ideas in my head. The only thing is I don't know *nix programming, so the server admin would need to run the binary from a windows platform and once the new pk3 archive is built they can then FTP it to the server.
    I'm the opposite... I'm not up on windows programming, but am quite comfortable with C on *nix. Let me know if you want a *nix port

Cool thanks man! I'll let you know. I don't want to highjack Appel's thread though. :P

Get your assess out of here :P haha no it's ok!