Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [RELEASE] MoH:AA - Gun Game

vetron

Yup like call of duty 4 text , but i dont think that its possible to put large text like : facfont-40

or maybe by huddraw virtualsize

yeah its doable, maybe i could try to do it myself, i have some big text in screen on my rat race mod, but it is ugly...but it works!

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Ley0k, how did you fix it?
    Instead of iterating through inventory and call events on the weapon, I have to activate the weapon, call events on the weapon using weaponcommand, deactivate it and use it normally (to apply the pullout animation).
    If I do that, it's to avoid minor bugs like colt looks empty while it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by vetron View Post
    Seems working fine for now, but there is problem to choose the previous weapon , how this done ?

You said you can revert to the previous gun by getting bashed , so you mean to bash someone or what?
    If you get bashed or commit suicide, you revert to the previous gun. You can configure that in the settings of the game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips {sfx} View Post
    this mod works great and is really awesome, a cool addon would be @ the end now just the map ends, a big text of the winner would be great
    With the scoreboard you cannot see behind, so tweaking the obj_teamtext variables would be great, or eventually, using addkills with infinite points so that everyone sees the winner.
    Also, the current winner is displayed on the bottom left of the HUD.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimbips {sfx} View Post
    btw how did u see in the log what was wrong?, i cant see shit on that
    Scroll down to the logfile, you see an exception indicating the function that crashed.
    Last edited by Ley0k; July 29th, 2017 at 05:11 AM.

vetron

But to create hud in big text when map end is good too.

Also one more thing and this important thing that players finish the 16 weapons in 3 minutes only , so i think must make that 2 kills and then player get new weapon instead of 1 kill , because game got few weapons and they just finish it in few minutes.

try changing the The number of gunlist cycles in settings txt so players cycle through the weapons again maybe.

// The number of gunlist cycles
    level.gungame["NumCycles"] = 1

New updates changes includes :

• The possibility to override level.gungame["GunList"] before executing the game mode, so that you can have a gun list per map
    • The winner is now drawn after he won the match

But to create hud in big text when map end is good too.

Also one more thing and this important thing that players finish the 16 weapons in 3 minutes only , so i think must make that 2 kills and then player get new weapon instead of 1 kill , because game got few weapons and they just finish it in few minutes.
    This is the concept of the game mode, so I cannot change it.

vetron

the yellow hud in the end seems good , so this mod work in BT and SH or its got scripts work only with reborn ? because BT and SH need new mods like that.

Another update (and the last, probably) :

• Fixed the fact that the player did not dropped his rank after killing someone and himself at the same time
    • Added a setting to allow multiple ranks to be gained at the same time

This update will probably help make the game last longer.

the yellow hud in the end seems good , so this mod work in BT and SH or its got scripts work only with reborn ? because BT and SH need new mods like that.
    Only with reborn. BT and SH don't have a patch that add scripting commands.
    Last edited by Ley0k; July 29th, 2017 at 07:02 AM.

Well to make it run longer and to make it harder what I did was in the settings.txt make the silencedpistol.tik the last gun, next edit the gungame.scr where it has the ammo for weapons and changed the pistol ammo to 0, then added a "models/weapons folder" with the colt45.tik...p38.tik and the silencedpistol.tik with the ammo amounts in each 200 except for the silencedpistol.tik i set the ammo to 0 so at the end you have to bash the players to win. I figure in COD the last weapon is a Knife and is the hardest weapon to get a kill with so why not make last weapon a bash only...lol
    Code:
    playersetup:
    	while( 1 )
    	{
    		for(local.i = 1; local.i <= $player.size; local.i++)
    		{
    			local.player = $player[ local.i ]

//local.player weaponcommand mainhand notdroppable
    			local.player dontdropweapons

local.player ammo pistol 0
                //local.player ammo pistol 1000
                local.player ammo rifle 1000
                local.player ammo heavy 1000
                local.player ammo mg 1000
                local.player ammo smg 1000
                local.player ammo grenade 1000
    		}

You could just copy silencedpistol.tik and set its clipsize and startammo to 0, and then in the settings file put that gun into the end of the list, so that you can only bash.

I updated the mod again that fix a bug where multiple guns would be given to the player after having multiple kills in a really short amount of time.